ReefCleaners.org

Justice's 12g of Splasssh!

Justice

Hail young champions! Just thought I would get this rolling and post up a picture of my goodies...my goodies...yes my goodies! :lol:

001.jpg

Equipment

12g Mr.Aqua Rimless Tank

Coralife Dual T5 Fixture with Giesemann Midday and AquaFlora bulbs

Tunze 6015 Nanostream

Digital Temp Gizmo

Eheim Jager 50w Heata

I'm new to macro overall, and will need to decide what exactly I want to do with the tank. Things I know for sure are: Lots of macros and some mangroves. I know I will eventually get a couple small fish or some type of livestock minus the plants. I'm just waiting on my rock from Mr. John at reefcleaners. Once I figure out a scape I like water will go in! Thanks for looking, and I'm open to any and all suggestions!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
igotreefermadness

Nice tank! Haven't seen very many of those on the site yet. If you get a chance check out my 12g long in my sig. Crappy pics but I love the tank.

Goodluck!

OH, really important, keep at least 1/2" or so of space between the top rim and the water level, these tanks are easy to get the water worked up in, so you will get a lot of spillage every time your hands are in it unless you keep a little room at the top for some water movement.

Nice tank! Haven't seen very many of those on the site yet. If you get a chance check out my 12g long in my sig. Crappy pics but I love the tank.

Goodluck!

OH, really important, keep at least 1/2" or so of space between the top rim and the water level, these tanks are easy to get the water worked up in, so you will get a lot of spillage every time your hands are in it unless you keep a little room at the top for some water movement.

Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to leave some room at the top. In other news, I didn't receive my rock today so no progress will be made this weekend...Booooooooooooo!

Ok, well I guess I lied. The rocks showed up yesterday but i didn't know they where sitting outside my door until today :o . I got some great rock as always from John at reefcleaners! I washed it all off in some fresh RODI and got to work. I'm happy with the scape, and have water mixing now for the tank!

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

krackerjacksna

sweet scape!! have any idea as to what macro's are going in, and where , any ideas on livestock? want to see pics as soon as the sand settles.

sweet scape!! have any idea as to what macro's are going in, and where , any ideas on livestock? want to see pics as soon as the sand settles.

Thanks!! I'm not set yet on which macro's I want for sure, but I do know I want a nice mix of colors. Same goes for livestock in that I'm not 100% sure want I want to do. Something I do know though is that the water is in!!! YAY!

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Very nice! I love the minimalist scape. This is going to be a great tank once it gets filled in.

On a side note, cool inhabitants for macro tanks imo would be mantis shrimp, frogfish/anglers, some soft corals found with macros in nature like goniopora and brains, and pipefish/seahorses, although those would be difficult to maintain in a small scale tank.

Very nice! I love the minimalist scape. This is going to be a great tank once it gets filled in.

On a side note, cool inhabitants for macro tanks imo would be mantis shrimp, frogfish/anglers, some soft corals found with macros in nature like goniopora and brains, and pipefish/seahorses, although those would be difficult to maintain in a small scale tank.

Thanks Keydiver! I'm thinking of going with inverts over fish. My list of possibilities are sexy shrimp, pom pom crabs and porcelain crabs. How would those be in a macro tank you think? I also wonder about filtration, as in do I need some? Like maybe a power filter or something?

Thanks Keydiver! I'm thinking of going with inverts over fish. My list of possibilities are sexy shrimp, pom pom crabs and porcelain crabs. How would those be in a macro tank you think? I also wonder about filtration, as in do I need some? Like maybe a power filter or something?

As long as you have the complete ammonia cycle, filtration as far as water QUALITY will be fine. I'd recommend some kind of mechanical filtration just to keep your water clear, like filter floss or a filter sock. All those inverts are good candidates, although porcelain crabs do like the occasional filter feeding supplement, which you probably wouldn't be providing anyways in a macro tank.

love your tank.

what kind of sand are you using and where did you buy it?

thx.

Thanks! The sand is CaribSea Fiji Pink that I got at Marine Depot.

Wow that's a 12g? It looks much bigger

Can't wait to see how this tank turns out :)

Yep, it's only 12 gallons. The dims of the tank are very nice and do make it seem larger than it really is. I have some macro coming in tomorrow finally!

Ello' Justice. I'd just like to tell you that I'm subscribed and ready to see how this awesome tank turns out! Oh, and by the way, does your signature feature a Killzone 3 character? I love that game. Lol :P

Good Luck- Wizzy :happy:

YAY for life in the tank! Got in my orders from ReefCleaners and LA Reefs today. Everything is awesome and should settle in nicely. Pic time!

FTS

IMG_0129.jpg

End

IMG_0130.jpg

Front side

IMG_0131.jpg

Front side

IMG_0133.jpg

Front side

IMG_0134.jpg

Back side

IMG_0135.jpg

Back side

IMG_0136.jpg

I'm thinking about making some equipment changes. The one powerhead on the end isn't cutting it, as there isn't much flow on the other side. I also don't like the lighting fixture and how when I want to add anything or clean the tank I need to take the fixture down. Soooo, I'm going out today and picking up a Vortech MP10 for sure. I'm trying to decide on a light and really the only thing I can come up with is one the JBJ Clip on MH fixtures. Not sure if I should get the 150w or just the 70w. Let me know what you guys think.

Archived