Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Those rics really are awesome Gena. Too bad Vivid charges like $25 a pop. I have one orange one. I need a blue, green, yellow, and a peach.

With shipping, that Vivid price is right in line with what I paid for these (or probably even cheaper). I haven't seen any unusual colors at Vivid though...not like what Morgan has. I'm working on getting mine to grow. I'll send some your way if they do :) I really want a yellow one too. Haven't seen the peach!!!! Sounds nice!!!!!

My LFS here in Burbank can get some awesome colors in as well. He charges about the same price as Vivid.

There is bright pink too! I have Pink And Lavender FL Rics. Their pretty.

Take pictures of those today!!!!!!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With shipping, that Vivid price is right in line with what I paid for these (or probably even cheaper). I haven't seen any unusual colors at Vivid though...not like what Morgan has. I'm working on getting mine to grow. I'll send some your way if they do :) I really want a yellow one too. Haven't seen the peach!!!! Sounds nice!!!!!

My LFS here in Burbank can get some awesome colors in as well. He charges about the same price as Vivid.

Take pictures of those today!!!!!!

I will

3000 posts!!!!!!! B)

I will

3000 posts!!!!!!! B)

Awesome...I love looking at your pictures!!!!

3000 posts???? I didn't even notice that!!!!

My babies are home. Only took them 2 hrs. They passed with flying colors. The paper said to bring them back in 6m...but the girl said a year would be fine since their teeth are in great shape. Jack was "good" and Chloe was a "sweet girl". She is my little "Cutie McMuffin" :lol:

Morgan's rics looked just like her pics right in the bag. If mine do well, I'd also like more different colors.

Morgan's rics looked just like her pics right in the bag. If mine do well, I'd also like more different colors.

See...that's the thing I love about Morgan's coral....they look JUST like the photos on her website!!! What you see is really what you get....in my experience!

See...that's the thing I love about Morgan's coral....they look JUST like the photos on her website!!! What you see is really what you get....in my experience!

I'd love to order from her sometime, but its hard to stomach the shipping cost for just a few rics. I'm going to go ahead and order some from Sea Life Inc since they do $15 priority shipping and I want starfish from them anyway. I'll let you guys know how their rics look in person since their stuff isn't WYSIWYG.

Psssh, 3,000 posts, that's nothing. :P just kidding, congrats! Can we nominate you for totm yet? Please and thanks.

I'm with, Joel. Can we please nominate you yet? You completely deserve it!!!

Glad to hear your babies are doing well. Lily doesn't have her yearly appointment until August and I'm always anxious to hear what they'll say about her teeth and weight. I feel like no matter what you do, cats tend to be just enough overweight for the vet to want them on a diet. Luckily Lily has been in the acceptable weight range so far, but she's definitely gotten a little bigger since her last vet visit. She's still such a skinny cat though that I don't think I have to worry too much :)

surgicalsense

Hello darlin! How is everything? ... the xenia, I hope it is still alive? I am paranoid from my last fragging experience :P

Well...compared to you, Joel...my 3000 is nothing :lol:

You are welcome, Paige :)

Not yet ;) There are so many tanks out there that are better than mine!!!!!! I need another year or two for it to really mature!!!!! It hasn't hit it's peak yet :happy:

Felicia...we've never had issues with overweight cats. I've struggled with the dogs though. Finally I think they've grown out of the tubby phase. I also take them for walks almost every day...it helps :)

Hey, Danielle!!!! It's doing GREAT!!!!! Did you see the photo???? I think it's one page back. It is a beautiful frag and it's happy :)

surgicalsense
Hey, Danielle!!!! It's doing GREAT!!!!! Did you see the photo???? I think it's one page back. It is a beautiful frag and it's happy :)

I thought that was it, but for some reason I first assumed it was the cloves. I must of gotten lost in the time-line :lol: Excellent ... next thing you know it will climb up the side of your LR.

IMHO yours is ready. Give it 6 months tops and you'll get a nomination. It's ready! ;)

I'm not ready either :lol: I have zoa and paly colonies that I want to grow. Plus the birds and lots of mushrooms. It has so much more potential. Hopefully I don't crash it in the meantime (knocks on wood).

I thought that was it, but for some reason I first assumed it was the cloves. I must of gotten lost in the time-line :lol: Excellent ... next thing you know it will climb up the side of your LR.

I hope it climbs up the wall!!!!!! It's extremely happy in my tank. It's grabbed on to the rock so no more worries that a hermit will knock it away :happydance:

surgicalsense
I'm not ready either :lol: I have zoa and paly colonies that I want to grow. Plus the birds and lots of mushrooms. It has so much more potential. Hopefully I don't crash it in the meantime (knocks on wood).

I hope it climbs up the wall!!!!!! It's extremely happy in my tank. It's grabbed on to the rock so no more worries that a hermit will knock it away :happydance:

Oh so that is cool. It already pulled itself off of the frag plug and that tube worm :lol:

Oh so that is cool. It already pulled itself off of the frag plug and that tube worm :lol:

Yes! It actually fell off of it the first night I put it in the tank. It didn't take it long at all to attach by itself :) I love it so much :happy:

surgicalsense
Yes! It actually fell off of it the first night I put it in the tank. It didn't take it long at all to attach by itself :) I love it so much :happy:

You will need to come visit so you can see what is going on with my tank. Specially the clown/frogspawn :)

You will need to come visit so you can see what is going on with my tank. Specially the clown/frogspawn :)

Definitely! I want to see how the maze brain has grown too. And the new lights!!!! I want to see the light show :)

It was nice sleeping in this morning. I'm so ready for summer!!!!! This week with spring break is a nice sneak peek :)

Scales n' tails is going to try to get me a magnetic frag rack this week. I'm going to check in with them on Thursday. Sounds like he can get them!!!!!

Cool! One of my LFS has the fish and frags and water, the other has the additives! LMAO I always have to go to 2!

Make her take some pics while your there! I want to see her tank too!

My LFS is pretty awesome! He can get anything I need. It may take a few weeks on livestock, but eventually he has it. He always has the equipment I need. His prices are outstanding. I just discovered I can get my bags of salt cheaper from him than ordering online. That's pretty much unheard of.

It's a great little shop. They have an awesome reptile section too. I'm not really into reptiles though :lol: My son and I went there yesterday. He tried very hard to talk me into buying him one yesterday. I told him when he's in high school he can have one. At that age he can do all the care for it.

I will bring my camera along when I go ;)

My LFS is pretty awesome! He can get anything I need. It may take a few weeks on livestock, but eventually he has it. He always has the equipment I need. His prices are outstanding. I just discovered I can get my bags of salt cheaper from him than ordering online. That's pretty much unheard of.

It's a great little shop. They have an awesome reptile section too. I'm not really into reptiles though :lol: My son and I went there yesterday. He tried very hard to talk me into buying him one yesterday. I told him when he's in high school he can have one. At that age he can do all the care for it.

I will bring my camera along when I go ;)

Ah, come on Mom! Reptiles are so cool, especially for a teenager. I think that bearded dragons are very cool and not that hard to take care of and they eat veggies!

Also, our family just finished watching the "Merlin" BBC series on Netflix. I think you guys would like it. Now we are watching Dr, Who.

Ah, come on Mom! Reptiles are so cool, especially for a teenager. I think that bearded dragons are very cool and not that hard to take care of and they eat veggies!

Also, our family just finished watching the "Merlin" BBC series on Netflix. I think you guys would like it. Now we are watching Dr, Who.

It was actually a bearded dragon that he was asking for :lol: We watched them eat some greens and meal worms. They are pretty darn cool creatures. The one did this head bobbing thing that was too funny.

He'll be a teenager in the fall. Maybe I'll give in early. It WOULD be a nice lesson in responsibility. We'll see :)

I love bearded dragons! I think they get kind of big though. I've never had one because I'm terrified of crickets.

I HATE crickets. When I had a brief stint working at Petsmart, I could not handle getting crickets out. So nasty.

I had a beardy....I love when they're beard turns black when they're pissed.....haha I fed mine fruits and veggies...and chicken lol

Crickets don't bother me at all. Well...the brown ones don't bother me. Never liked the black ones that are in the midwest/east.

Brad......WEE :lol:

Archived