Top Shelf Aquatics

BioCube 29 with Sump and HOB Overflow?

hbfishguy

Sorry, but i have a bunch of questions. I have looked through sooooo many other tanks, but still dont get it. Where is the best place to drill, where would the return be, and what would happen to the current flow that I have? Tell me if i am being too vague. Thanks!

What about the cpr overflow that meengineer did? I just dont know if modded anything else other than the overflow, sump and return.

xgame2k...why don't you explain your replies?

Yes. I am still wondering. Should I go with the Eshopps RS-75 with a CS 90 or CS 50 Overflow?

Drill that sucker 3rd chamber. I would drill it threw the bottom put a stand pipe in there. Then above third chamber in the back cut a U shape out of the back of the lid run your hose from your return in the sump threw there to the stock outlet. Go to youtube and search biocube 29 with refugium. There is a guy that has a awesome setup with a sump. His name is vavoomskills or something like that. He walks you threw the whole setup.

To both, I was thinking about drilling, but truthfully, I kinda scared of the back panel braking. I cant drill through the bottom because its tempered. What if i used a CPR overflow in chamber 2 to a Eshopps RS75 sump in the stand?

There are many ways to incorporate numerous filtration and skimming options into the back chambers of a Biocube. If you want to use your CPR, go get a 20 gal All-Glass Aquarium instead of risking the destruction of your Biocube

There are many ways to incorporate numerous filtration and skimming options into the back chambers of a Biocube. If you want to use your CPR, go get a 20 gal All-Glass Aquarium instead of risking the destruction of your Biocube

So your saying use the 20g as the sump? But that wont fit in the stand. Sorry, Im confused?

So your saying use the 20g as the sump? But that wont fit in the stand. Sorry, Im confused?

No he is saying use the HOB on a 20 gallon. Don't use a HOB overflow they are junkie looking. I would drill it myself if I was you. Bring it over I will drill it for you. Check this out the display sucks but everything else is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjTkLcMfFE

No he is saying use the HOB on a 20 gallon. Don't use a HOB overflow they are junkie looking. I would drill it myself if I was you. Bring it over I will drill it for you. Check this out the display sucks but everything else is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjTkLcMfFE

Thanks! What did he do to the chambers? That what im confused on. Did he block Chamber 1?

Here is how I would do it since the bottom can't be drilled. I would drill a hole in the back of chamber 3 about 2 1/2 inches from the bottom. Install a small bulkhead then inside chamber 3 I would put a small piece of pvc with a 90 elbow facing up that would be the discharge/out to the sump. Then on the otherside of the bulkhead I would use vinyl black tubing down to the sump into a filter sock.For the return I would use vinyl tubing up the back then cut a U shape out of the back of the hood then put a 90 plastic barb fitting thru the hood. Then more vinyl tubing connecting to the stock output nozzle.So you would only need to drill 1 hole. Get a glass bit/holesaw from glass holes it is very easy.You could buy some cellcast acrylic sheets on ebay and some weldon and make you a custom sump. Keep researching and shut all these haters up.

Here is how I would do it since the bottom can't be drilled. I would drill a hole in the back of chamber 3 about 2 1/2 inches from the bottom. Install a small bulkhead then inside chamber 3 I would put a small piece of pvc with a 90 elbow facing up that would be the discharge/out to the sump. Then on the otherside of the bulkhead I would use vinyl black tubing down to the sump into a filter sock.For the return I would use vinyl tubing up the back then cut a U shape out of the back of the hood then put a 90 plastic barb fitting thru the hood. Then more vinyl tubing connecting to the stock output nozzle.So you would only need to drill 1 hole. Get a glass bit/holesaw from glass holes it is very easy.You could buy some cellcast acrylic sheets on ebay and some weldon and make you a custom sump. Keep researching and shut all these haters up.

Thanks very much!

You can install a HOB overflow very cleanly and safely in your BC29. Doing this was the best thing I did for my tank. I can walk you through it. Here are some pics from my install alot has been cleaned up since then. The entire install in 100% clean and quiet. You cant even tell it is there unless you look in the cabinet or behind the tank. Feel Free to PM me.

LifeReef Nano overflow

Eshopps RS75 sump (fits perfect in the cabinet otherwise you must go custom)

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

You can install a HOB overflow very cleanly and safely in your BC29. Doing this was the best thing I did for my tank. I can walk you through it. I will go and pull some pics from my install and post them here.

That would be great. DIY overflow and sump? What do you think of the CPR overflow and Eshopps RS75 Sump?

1. Do you think I can use my Remora in there (maybe with longer hose and stronger pump).

2. Can I use the sock, skimmer, and fuge(in sump)?

3. The newer RS 75 has a different design, do you know the dimentions of yours?

Thanks for being so helpful!

1. Do you think I can use my Remora in there (maybe with longer hose and stronger pump).

2. Can I use the sock, skimmer, and fuge(in sump)?

3. The newer RS 75 has a different design, do you know the dimentions of yours?

Thanks for being so helpful!

1. I am not sure about this. That is something that would have to be tested.

2. The sump would need another baffle added in order to run a fuge.

3. I have the newest design (only difference in the inlet/sock area compare my pic to whats on the eshopps site) and the dimensions are the same.

Archived