d9hp

d9hp

half robot half reef

• Members
  • 1,669 posts
  • Joined 01 Jun 2010
  • Raleigh, NC

Hello everyone,

I had initially been planning something quite different but my girlfriend surprised me for our anniversary and got me a tank made! She didn't even ask dimensions. Just went for it. B)

I think it's perfect and I've listed some of things I have planned for it:

36L x 12.5D x 10H

It's about 19 gallons or so..but we'll call it 18 because I'm afraid of prime numbers :P

I attached some pictures of the unboxing. I haven't even seen it yet. It's from glass-cages and it was custom made for her order. They couldn't deliver because they cancelled a show in NC so they just covered the rest of the shipping costs themselves.

Plans:
Custom arduino based controller (temperature, ATO, dawn/dusk dimming, logging, alarms, dosing, eventually PH and wave control)

26 CREE LEDs (half blue half cool white) run at roughly 700-900mA run off meanwell drivers

Custom to-be-built stand

2 Koralia nanos (450gph)

AquaClear70 for surface agitation / carbon / where the feed lines will be routed for dosing and ATO (maybe cheato in the long run)

100W ebo heater

Around Thanksgiving I'll be getting a skimmer. Haven't quite decided on this yet and it will depend on the stand (if it can hang off the back of the tank or not)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm open to suggestions for anything you want to give me!

I've got all the controller stuff in the mail and I've got flowcharts for all the code so I just need to make it all happen.

If anyone else is working on a controller I'd love to bounce ideas around.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1132.JPG
  • IMG_1134.JPG
  • IMG_1133.JPG

Edited by d9hp, 20 July 2010 - 05:43 PM.

-Dustin
Posted Image

75g FOWLR

jbb_00

jbb_00

?????

• Premium Members
  • 4,432 posts
  • Joined 23 Feb 2010
  • Ft. Worth , Tx
omgomgomg

SWEETNESS

14824992649_e34861bc72.jpg

I charge by the hour for my nudis.

BigRok

BigRok

pico or nano reefer

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 26 Dec 2009
  • Calgary
You're girlfriend is the coolest.

28w06s5.jpg

FrankenReef

FrankenReef

Reef Fabricator

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 02 Nov 2009
  • Mobile, AL
Looks like it is gonna be a sweet tank. I love long shallow tanks.
Give me a paperclip, shot glass, apple core, and a picture frame and I'll rig ya a protein skimmer/chiller/calcium reactor combo!

d9hp

d9hp

half robot half reef

• Members
  • 1,669 posts
  • Joined 01 Jun 2010
  • Raleigh, NC
I'm home in Raleigh, NC and have the tank! It's awesome. Long and shallow. I order 26 LEDS (13 - royal blue and 13 cool white) and two meanwell drivers today so I should be getting things going in the next few weeks. I hope to build the stand next week as well as finish all the coding for the controller. The heatsink should be in sometime next week as well so I can start mounting everything.

I'll update!
-Dustin
Posted Image

75g FOWLR