Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My tank came in! 18G long/shallow rimless

d9hp

Hello everyone,

I had initially been planning something quite different but my girlfriend surprised me for our anniversary and got me a tank made! She didn't even ask dimensions. Just went for it. B)

I think it's perfect and I've listed some of things I have planned for it:

36L x 12.5D x 10H

It's about 19 gallons or so..but we'll call it 18 because I'm afraid of prime numbers :P

I attached some pictures of the unboxing. I haven't even seen it yet. It's from glass-cages and it was custom made for her order. They couldn't deliver because they cancelled a show in NC so they just covered the rest of the shipping costs themselves.

Plans:

Custom arduino based controller (temperature, ATO, dawn/dusk dimming, logging, alarms, dosing, eventually PH and wave control)

26 CREE LEDs (half blue half cool white) run at roughly 700-900mA run off meanwell drivers

Custom to-be-built stand

2 Koralia nanos (450gph)

AquaClear70 for surface agitation / carbon / where the feed lines will be routed for dosing and ATO (maybe cheato in the long run)

100W ebo heater

Around Thanksgiving I'll be getting a skimmer. Haven't quite decided on this yet and it will depend on the stand (if it can hang off the back of the tank or not)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm open to suggestions for anything you want to give me!

I've got all the controller stuff in the mail and I've got flowcharts for all the code so I just need to make it all happen.

If anyone else is working on a controller I'd love to bounce ideas around.

post-53441-1279676465_thumb.jpg

post-53441-1279676506_thumb.jpg

post-53441-1279676519_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm home in Raleigh, NC and have the tank! It's awesome. Long and shallow. I order 26 LEDS (13 - royal blue and 13 cool white) and two meanwell drivers today so I should be getting things going in the next few weeks. I hope to build the stand next week as well as finish all the coding for the controller. The heatsink should be in sometime next week as well so I can start mounting everything.

I'll update!

Archived