SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

ReefCleaners is awesome. John is awesome. You can fill out a form thing, you say your tank size and what not, then he will send you a recommendation of what and how many to stock :)

Really? Cool :) I've never ordered from there before. I'd like to get some of their nice macros too :D Maybe put a few in the pico, a few in the fuge, and some in the 20gal :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant you just go to a lfs since you live in one of the best places for reefkeeping?

green marine in berkeley is worth supporting

cant you just go to a lfs since you live in one of the best places for reefkeeping?

green marine in berkeley is worth supporting

Yeah, but my LFS doesn't get in dwarf ceriths, or any of those crazy awesome looking macros on reefcleaners :(

I doubt my dad would want to drive me all the way to berkeley just for some snails XD

touche. theres always another lfs in the bay area. shipping alone is going to cost you a bunch anyways. If you really want to buy from him, just pm him. Might have to ask ahead of time so he can get your macros together. that guy sells out fast

touche. theres always another lfs in the bay area. shipping alone is going to cost you a bunch anyways. If you really want to buy from him, just pm him. Might have to ask ahead of time so he can get your macros together. that guy sells out fast

For the priority mail, I think its $9.50 or something

Thanks, I'll PM him :)

about 2-3 dwarf ceriths should be more than enough. if they breed, and likely with 3 ceriths youll get a male and female and they will, then youll have way more ceriths than you wanted anyway lol.

Haha that would be awesome, but it's kinda off cause I only joined a few days ago :D

"Total Cumulative Posts 152

( 51.6 per day / 0.01% of total forum posts )"

lol yesterday it was 60

Lol ok :) But I can't find this form youre talking about?

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...0&form_id=1

:happy:

about 2-3 dwarf ceriths should be more than enough. if they breed, and likely with 3 ceriths youll get a male and female and they will, then youll have way more ceriths than you wanted anyway lol.

most snails are both male and female, but i forgot the fancy scientific term for that lol

Yeah, I'm going to try out 3 :)

I am looking forward to see some pictures :happy:

Teen reefers ftw (: Im 16 years old too B)

Yay for being 16! :D

"Total Cumulative Posts 152

( 51.6 per day / 0.01% of total forum posts )"

lol yesterday it was 60

Cause I've only joined for a few days :P

That would be awesome though, if I could post that much in one day lol

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...0&form_id=1

:happy:

most snails are both male and female, but i forgot the fancy scientific term for that lol

Thanks! :)

if that is indeed the case with cerith snails then all you need it two snails to start you off.

I'll try 3, just in case ;)

Hehehe! Tomorrow when I go to my LFS, I'm going to buy a rock of pink palys (idk name, they look really nice though :D) and today, I asked my manager about some mushrooms(I think they're either hairy or lavender) on some eggcrate, he said that if I can cut them out, save him one (I think they're about 4) and patch the hole, then they're free! :D

So today I cut them out, but then had to feed the fish before closing, so I'm going to zip-tie the patch in tomorrow and also bring them home tomorrow :)

I'll probably put 1-2 in this pico (they are pretty big!) and maybe 1-2 in my other tanks :happy:

DSC01610.jpg

Ok, this is the tank sitting on my dresser with FW gravel, water, an old plant and a guppy in there somewhere. I'm about to scoop the guppy out and put her in my pond. Then I'll take out the plant, dump the gravel in a bucket(which already has FW gravel in it) wash out the tank, and wow, does it need to be cleaned!

Then I'll take more pics, and start taking out rocks from my other tanks and try to create an aquascape.

So you'll be getting more pics soon!

Also, I'm going to try to remember to bet some nice hand-picked dry banch(and other cool shapes) rock at my LFS. They have a few buckets of random cool-shaped dry rock(small pieces, which is perfect for me) at my LFS, I'll dig through them and pick out some nice pieces :D

Cause I've only joined for a few days :P

That would be awesome though, if I could post that much in one day lol

Haha yeah I know, BUT STILL.

also woot woot teen reefers, im 17

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

dont worry. i averaged 70 post per day my first couple months on NR :P

Haha yeah I know, BUT STILL.

also woot woot teen reefers, im 17

Awesome! I've never seen a site with so many teen reefers! :happydance:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

dont worry. i averaged 70 post per day my first couple months on NR :P

Well, that's not surprising looking at your post count now :P I only have 158 posts!

Wow, that thing was actually pretty hard to clean! <_<

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

^After I dumped the gravel and threw the fish in the pond. You can see the "patch" of dirt stuff all the way around, pretty gross!

DSC01620.jpg

^But then, the magic of paper towels! Ok, as you can see, it's still pretty gross, soooo then I went to go look for my safe & easy spray. and couldn't find it! I looked everywhere! :angry:

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

^So I gave up and just used a cloth(and lots of force) In these pics, it looks really nice, but in reality, it has scratches and still some dirt stuff left behind. But it's good enough

DSC01623.jpg

^I like how it has little dips in the bottom, to create little "feet" so the bottom of the tank doesn't actually touch the stand (yay for less scratches on the bottom) :)

Ok, I'm pretty tired, I worked quite a few hours today, then packed, came home and did this, so I'll do more stuff (and pics) tomorrow

I'll also get some pics of the new palys and green hairy mushrooms(their bright green is awesome!) :D

I am in serious need of a money tree :P

I really want to get a frag of Purple Death Palys (like nuclear greens, but purple) My LFS has a couple frags, but they're like $40(or $60, cant remember) for a couple polyps. :(

I think I found the name of the palys I'm getting tomorrow (For $10! yay :D)

ATL Pastel Palys

PastelZoaFragAtlantis.gif

They look like that in real life, just not so washed out (pic from my LFS)

[©Atlantisaquarium.net]

Hmm has anyone has experience with Blue Snowflake Polyps? They look really nice, it would be cool to put them in this pico :)

Archived