inTank Media Baskets

Banggai Cardinal Breeding Pics and Video!

acropora1981

These pics are from a while back, but I thought some folks might like them. I never get tired of these little guys...Enjoy!

PS, Video is on page 2!

Male Banggai at day 25, about 6 hours prior to release.

bangzoom.jpg?t=1232913207

First fry released, around 2 am. Very tiny!

baby.jpg?t=1232913282

I made a fake urchin from meat skewers and epoxy; they loved it!

babyurchin.jpg?t=1232913333

Another shot in the urchin

ADSCN8222.jpg?t=1232913360

Several days later...

ADSCN8227.jpg?t=1232913383

ADSCN8231.jpg?t=1232913435

Day 41...100% Survival.

HPIM1944.jpg?t=1232913563

MyLittleGremlin

My goodness, what a mouthfull to have to carry around! :lol:

Awesome looking babies with nice round bellies.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

haha oh yeah, been doing this stuff since 1996... I had my noob days when it was all newsgroups, alt.aquariums.reefs or something along those lines lol. I just don't post very often...no need too ;)

cheryl jordan
haha oh yeah, been doing this stuff since 1996... I had my noob days when it was all newsgroups, alt.aquariums.reefs or something along those lines lol. I just don't post very often...no need too ;)

Learning that the hard way. But I have been good, no sick clowns, no sick anemones. I finally relized it did not make any point, just enemies, oh it might have been the way I came across ;)

Learning that the hard way. But I have been good, no sick clowns, no sick anemones. I finally relized it did not make any point, just enemies, oh it might have been the way I came across ;)

hah yeah I seem to come across all wrong online...oh well!

Thanks for the support folks! I raised three clutches in all and lost about 4 of the little guys out of about 80?. I fed them off to my fairy wrasse lol (not the 80, the four that didn't make it)

Great pics! I like the fry peeking out of the father's mouth.

During the last two days the fry constantly peak out of the mouth, darting forward and out of the mouth sometimes for just a fraction of a second.

What are you gonna do with all of em? Sell any?

Well this was about 2 years ago. I was selling them to LFS, but eventually I ended up moving to the east coast (Halifax) after raising three clutches. I had to sell all my stuff. I'm trying to get a new pair now, but it can be tricky. They don't tend to get along if they aren't a pair!

The key to raising these little guys is decapsulated brine shrimp. It makes everything so much easier.

• 1 month later...
So cute. :wub: I wish I had a tank to try and breed a pair.

I am looking to add a banggai cardinal to my 20H reef. I would love one of your babies.

Absolutely - it will probably be 4-6 months before I have any available, and thats IF this pair decides to produce. I'll keep this thread updated with progress from this pair, and let you know :)

Archived