Pod Your Reef

Neanderthalman's 40 Breeder

neanderthalman

CT Ballers club!

post-47145-1269704935_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you can figure out what made your power supply go all Chernobyl on you. I had one do that with a UV sterilizer once, the quartz sleeve cracked, so the bulb was running submerged in water until I noticed it. The PS was a mass of melted plastic inside when I took it apart.

Firefish are looking great under the new lights! Are your actinics T5's or T8 tubes? Not sure if you know about these guys or not, but there is a place in Scarborough that sells corals/frags/etc called oceansdirect.ca I havent ordered from they yet, but since you're close you might be able to pick up some of their $10 frags without the shipping charges.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
neanderthalman

Chernobyl eh? Someone read the whole thread. :P

I checked out this oceansdirect.ca. Decent stuff, good prices. I may order from them sometime, and they currently do have a pickup option:

PICK-UP ORDERS

If you wish to pick up your order the $35 shipping charge will be refunded by e-mailing us at sales@oceansdirect.ca with your order number, after you place your order.

All pick-up orders will be ready the next day between the hours of 5pm to 8pm Monday thru Thursday only.

The pick-up location is:

North American Fish Breeders

2260 Kingston Rd

Scarborough, ON

M1N 1T9

Awesome.

Also, I hooked up the 9V supply to bring the ATO/AWC back online this morning. Unfortunately it's not enough for the fans or moonlights. I've be keeping an eye on the tank/canopy temperatures throughout the day - up to 84 so far :scarry:

So here's the new additions:

qx9deg.jpg

Zoas - two colors. Plus what are either the ugliest zoas I've ever seen, or aipstasia with really short tentacles. One way or another, they're getting nuked.

28tjseq.jpg

Red Sea Xenia. A canary for the coal mine. It's nice and happy, pulsing away. I really should do a xenia tank and just let this stuff take over. Love it.

zxp9j8.jpg

Green, uh, something. I'm not 100% sure. I want to say it's an acro of some kind, but something is telling me that's wrong. The green is much deeper than the camera will pick up. I don't know why, but this camera hates greens.

rjl06g.jpg

The camera is a little better at picking up the blues, however. :happydance:

This is, I believe, a rather nice blue tip staghorn. The tips are a little washed out, but the overall blue is pretty close to real life. I can't decide if I should frag it or just mount the entire colony to my rock. I know, absolutely, that i've got to get it off of the massive frag plug. It's the size of a half of a baseball.

• 2 weeks later...
neanderthalman

Yeah, how's this for an update. The staghorn is suddenly dying, and the acro doesn't look good either. WTF.

I should change my plans and go with an aiptasia and daisy polyp tank. Less stressful. <_<

On the other thand, the Zoas are looking fantastic! :D

I'm not putting anything else in there until I get a chiller and a skimmer. #### this. I think it's going to be a while too, since my wife is going to be on an "involuntary vacation" for a few weeks, so the belt-tightening has already begun. Hot tip - don't work for women; they get pregnant and shut down the office when they're about to pop.

Is that legal? lol... sorry to hear that man.

On the bright side.. its not like we ever give full disclosure about how much we put into fish tanks anyways.. hahaha... "Oh that? it was $20"

I was going to order some zoas from that site, how big are the frags? pics? They have some nice looking colonies in the pics. But it says Solwezi island zoas? where the hell is that? google couldnt even find it.. and it is all knowing!!

lol, instead of an aiptasia species tank.. rip out everything but the sand bed, and get a bunch of tube anenomes..

that would actually look pretty cool.

• 7 months later...

Archived