inTank Media Baskets

Phixion's Aquapod 12g

Phixion

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there,

I was wondering if there was any chance that I could get a picture of the top of your tank without the hood on, but at an angle. I would like to see what the level of water is in your tank, and the levels in each chamber in the back of the tank.

I know you don't know who I am but I am hoping that you can help me out here with a visual. I appreciate your time and help.

Hello there,

I was wondering if there was any chance that I could get a picture of the top of your tank without the hood on, but at an angle. I would like to see what the level of water is in your tank, and the levels in each chamber in the back of the tank.

I know you don't know who I am but I am hoping that you can help me out here with a visual. I appreciate your time and help.

Unfortunately I don't have the tank set up any longer. I just transfered the tank into a brand new 30g tank this past weekend, so my AP12 is currently empty.

I never took any pics of the top with the hood open, but when I had my pod, the water lever was to the top (about a half inch below the top of the false wall) and all of the chambers had the SAME water level. Evaporation didn't make chambers 3 & 4 run lower like normally happens, but the entire tank water lever would lessen before I'd top off with fresh water.

Unfortunately I don't have the tank set up any longer. I just transfered the tank into a brand new 30g tank this past weekend, so my AP12 is currently empty.

I never took any pics of the top with the hood open, but when I had my pod, the water lever was to the top (about a half inch below the top of the false wall) and all of the chambers had the SAME water level. Evaporation didn't make chambers 3 & 4 run lower like normally happens, but the entire tank water lever would lessen before I'd top off with fresh water.

Thanks for that explanation. I found having two aq12's that quality assurance is something to be desired, but still a great product. If chambers 3 and 4 would fill up prior to the rest of the tank being filled high enough for water to enter chamber 3 from 2 or from the return hole in chamber 4, then chances are your silicone job was not done properly and you have a leak under the chambers. As water does follow the path of least resistance usually it creates a way for water to NOT pass over filtration. Not a major problem, but something I found to be true on one of my two.

Thanks again for leaving that explanation and wonderful job on your tanks. They are amazing to say the least. Excellent work!

• 1 year later...

Wow.. been awhile since this thread was updated.. Nice to see both of you still in the hobby and online...

Any new photos of the tanks? I have a few images of my corals I can share.. I have changed my setup to be a t5 MH conversion on the coralife 150MH and PC's. I retro'd it myself for like a 100 dollars.. IF that... Really nice color changes to the corals now.. I warn you .... my camera sucks so I really wish you could see the colors I do.. you're just going to have to settle for less ;)

I decided to just let you go look at all my frags yourself ;) It's easier then posting them all here..

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/mynd/my_frags/

However I do need to put up at least one photo:

t5changeaussieacan.jpg

My tank has really taken off.. Enjoy and PLEASE post some of your tanks as well.

PS GIRLGONEAQUA - You should be an actress, you have a beautiful face and your expressions are priceless. You seem like you are a lot of fun to be around.

Awesome rainbow acan, Mynd! My whole 30g Finnex and 10g Advance Acrylic custom AIO tank thread links are both in my signature below. They have very recent FTS's in both of them.

Archived