Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cliff's 20 gallon long

i have crabs

I decided to change my first post so people could see what my tank looked like when I started this hobby. The picture is what my tank looked like in December, 2004.

11334Tank.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now, this is what my tank looks like now, May 2006. I have learned a lot and I love this hobby more and more each day, as there is always something new to be learned. The rest of the posts are as they happened in order when I started this thread, I just changed the first two so people could see an immediate before and after post. There are also lots of new pics on the last page ;) You can also see this picture on the last page.

DSCN3885.jpg

Here is a much bigger version so you can really see it.

post-11334-1146876877_thumb.jpg

Now to my critters.

My green button polyps

11334Polyps_4.JPG

Purple zoos

11334Purple_Zoos.JPG

Pink zoos

11334Pink_Zoos.JPG

Green mushrooms

11334Mushrooms_4.JPG

Firefish and yellow clown goby

11334Firefish_and_Clown_Goby.JPG

Feather duster

11334Clown_Goby_3.JPG

Originally posted by lgoins

looks like your clown goby is missing an eye in one of those pictures.  good start

LOL, ya, at an angle, it just appears yellow without the black part.

Thanks for the kind words so far all. Any other comments or suggestions are appreciated.

So now to my newest additions.

I got a xenia from the SCMAS frag swap. Man, that swap thing gets kinda crazy.

As for the xenia, it has already shown lots of growth after only a week!

11334Xenia_1.jpg

A semi-macro shot of the xenia

11334Xenia.jpg

I also got a lot of GSP at the frag swap, so am selling the bigger pieces, but these are the pieces I am keeping.

11334Green_Star_Polyps_3.JPG

And another macro

11334Green_Star_Polyps_2.JPG

I will take more full tank shots after this weekend when I pick up some more zoas. I am also going to get rid of the button polyps, I really like zoas so much better, so would rather dedicate the room to them. I am also thinking a ric in the near future ;)

Any thoughts?

It was at a frag swap in Santa Ana. You can check out the aquarium clubs site at www.SCMAS.org

They have all kinds of cool events and a fun little frag swaps every so often. The xenia was only $5. You should check it out if you can make the meetings. The next one if Feb 18th.

very nice looking tank. 20 gallon longs are the coolest. but i still love my ten gallon:P . those pink zoos are amzing:o . when you frag those babies, lemme know. ill trade you some of my green rim, blue center, orange mouth zoos;) .

Cesar, are you a member on reefcentral? The guy who sold me the xenia is on there and I bet I could set you up with him to pick up some xenia. He lives in Mission Viejo though. Let me know if your interested and I will see what I can do.

Thanks again everyone. I am sure I am like the rest of you and like it when others give feedback and comments on my tank. Most people like to look at it, but only other reefers can truly appreciate what it takes to set up and maintain a tank.

vibe - trading sounds good, just gotta wait for it to grow a little more

Thunil - your absolutely right on the sig. I will change it tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally going to show off my new additions.

I got a few more zoos a while ago, and they look great.

Here are my Pastel pink zoos

11334Pastel_Pink_Zoos_2-13-05.jpg

My new sky blue zoos

11334Sky_Blue_Zoos_2-13-05.jpg

And my orange zoos, which look soo much better than I can take a picture of

11334Orange_and_Pastel_Pink_Zoos_3-26-05.JPG

Archived