Innovative Marine Aquariums

Matt's 11g Green Leaf Rimless

Clavius85

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great! You sharing the bourbon? :D

I still don't know about that fuge after the return pump but eh. I guess it works.

:lol:

I haven't decided on the sump design yet... I kind of like the original version that I came up with first, where the fuge is in the middle. I understand the point of the other design. But I'm trying to keep this thing as simple as possible. So I don't know. I've got a bunch of other things to do before I get to finishing the sump.

Looks great! You sharing the bourbon? :D

I still don't know about that fuge after the return pump but eh. I guess it works.

Just means less flow through the fuge, which seems like a good thing to me.

thadscottmoore

I built my ten gallon fuge identical to your first design- in the middle. with the 9002 in first chamber- however, I ended up removing the 9002 and placing it in the rear chamber of my rsm tank, and reducing flow through the fuge.

whats the point of reducing the flow through the fuge?

Whatever macro you're using has more contact time with the water, exporting more nutrients.

That's great and all but there is less flow meaning that the water that is in there doesn't make it to your display tank as quickly, which would be the point, to remove 'trates from the display tank, not just the fuge. They are submerged in water I'd think that there is plenty of contact time to go around.

That's great and all but there is less flow meaning that the water that is in there doesn't make it to your display tank as quickly, which would be the point, to remove 'trates from the display tank, not just the fuge. They are submerged in water I'd think that there is plenty of contact time to go around.

How quickly do you think Nitrates build up?

New sump plan:

Sump1-1.jpg

This is the design I decided on. Only thing I would do differently is have the overflow split off to feed the fuge, not the return pump. Minor detail but you want the dirty watter going there without the skimmer pulling stuff out first.

Also, it is better to reduce the flow through the fuge. Google dwell time. There are some good articles about it at wet web media.

Been working on my stocking list. At the moment I have 1 Yellow Clown Goby and 3 Sexy Shrimp in the pico. So they will move over to the new tank when it is ready. I definitely want a clown, and this time I'd like to get a True Percula clown. They look nicer to me than the Ocellaris. In addition to the clown I think I'll add a Firefish.

Make sure you've got a top!

Like the list. Sounds fun to me.

Looking forward to seeing this thing wet.

Yeah, I'm going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and have a glass top made or make a screen for it.

I'm going to try and get to drilling this thing on Tuesday.

Nice looking tank, did you ever decide on lighting yet.

Since I can't find a used 20" 150w Sunpod, I think I'm going to go with either the 150w Viper or 150w Viper Deluxe. Both are on sale right now at MarineDepot.

Archived