Top Shelf Aquatics

Thinner + Longer = Better? Obviously...

Justind823

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm carpooling up to the big e right so I don't have any pictures to post. The transfer went fairly smoothly last night except for my euphyilia. They don't look so hot. All of the fleshy tissue on the skeleton pretty much fell off. Stress of the move maybe? I don't know. All the heads still have polyps but they aren't extended, I'll see how they look tonight. Anyone ever had a problem like this before?

Well all my Euphillya died...theres one head of a frogspawn that might make it but it doesnt look too good. The torch and 3 different kinds of frogspawn are gonners... It was something like RTN where the flesh over the skeleton peeled away and was all down hill after that.

Even with acclimating the corals I think there was too much of a change in water quality for them to handle. I'm pretty sure phosphates were out of control in the other tank from that damn rockwall and the corals were used to it.

It sucks, they were my favorite coral in the tank...gah.

dag dude. sorry. :(

damn that sux... sorry man...........

Yea I still have a bunch of zoas and clams and duncans and some other stuff. Its not all bad. No anywhere to get good deals on frogspawn near ct? :lol:

bearwithfish

not really near but in Lansboro MA (spelling?) the got a great shop... other wise no idea where abouts in CT? i can ask a friend of mine fr recommendations for you

I'll check out manhattanreefs. This is really the only reefing related site I go on so thanks for the tip.

@bearwithfish- I'm in trumbull. Which is about an hour out of hartford.

I'd like to get another torch but the really isnt any room for one. I put the late one in the middle frag tank area and I was probably going to sell it. I was also planning on selling some frags of frogspawn due to th tank size but that obviously isn't going to happen either :rolleyes:

On a happier note. The tank is finally up and running and I couldnt be happier with the way it looks. Of course, I need to put the doors on still but that can be put off until the weekend.

Here it is, dirty glass and all.

IMG_0140.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!! nicely done!

Thanks man

Man I wouldn't put doors on that thing! Two 12L tanks! THAT'S SICK!

Haha after you said that I was thinking about putting a glass panel in the larger door for quick looks in the frag area. However I'm afraid that would throw the symmetry off of the whole stand since the other side is almost completely covered except for the mantis area.

Thanks man

Haha after you said that I was thinking about putting a glass panel in the larger door for quick looks in the frag area. However I'm afraid that would throw the symmetry off of the whole stand since the other side is almost completely covered except for the mantis area.

Looks really good.. After having the solana (20x20x20) for a few months now I already made the decision that my next tank will be long + skinny. Easier for coral placement, dont have to always get your whole hand wet when you do work... and more viewing area

I never thought you had a living functional brain to begin with.

Everyday i work with my 20x20x20 tank i realize how much better a thin+long tank would be...

Both for placement and flow

• 4 months later...

Archived