Pod Your Reef

MY 12G NC (4x24w) HYL

EDGRAY

Here is an update of my tank, its been a while since i posted pics so here you go hope you like and well light soon to be change to 2x24 & 70w 20K MH...

FTS

DSC_0030-1.jpg

CLOSEUP FTS

DSC_0002.jpg

ACTINICS ON

DSC_0028bmc.jpg

ACTINICS OFF

DSC_0065bmc.jpg

NEW REDHEAD GOBY & BICOLOR BLENNY (R.I.P 2 years plus old )(Died next day of this pics who could imagine that !!! that will teach him not to jump :lol: :cry:

DSC_0132BB.jpg

DSC_0091-1.jpg

YELLOW WATCHMAN GOBY & PART OF ZOA GARDEN

CopyofDSC_0049.jpg

That looks awesome! Any pics of the hood? What's your maintenance schedule like? I've got a NC6 with 36W of lighting, but can't seem to get my zoas to reproduce quickly :(

THX ALL for the complements and well doing my best to add more color to this nice zoanthid tank, also to cover all back wall with zoas so far the ones that are there are the best growers maybe cause i cant move them around like other colonies they already adapted and growint stron :P ..

IM running right now as mentioned in title 4x24w (2 JBJ 50/50 & 2 ACTINICS) as people recommend and best way i could place my bulbs were from top to backwall 50,actinic, 50 and actini and soon hood to be modified to 70w 20k and 2x24w(not sure if actinics or 50/50 ill have to play with it, i like the bluer look since seems that zoas love the blue spectrum but if is too blue will have to go with 50/50)

schedules:

-> actinics & 1fan on from 10am - 9:30pm

-> 50/50 & chiller (12g nanotuners.com chiller) on from 12pm - 8:00

and well zoas have some nice colors but coold be better so MH update soon :D..

once again GLAD THAT ALL LIKE MY TANK I FEEL FLATTER -_--_-

Your tank is awesome..

Do you have any olds pics of aquascape prior to the zoa invasion?

Also, do you think a zoa farm about 1/2 the size of yours will live under 3 x 24? And are you going to be selling your hood? or would you be intrested in trading for a normal hood + $$ ?

masterbuilder

Fantastic Tank! I run the exactly the same setup and almost all zoa's like yours. I too want a MH, but this weekend I couldnt resist and bought a 30 gallon Oceanic cube for $69 instead. Since Oceanic has discontinued the 30 cubes and I figured it was now or never. When my tank gets COMPLETELY overgrown I will setup/move over to the 30.

p.s. List your livestock please.

Eclipseagent: well i do have how my tank envolve so here is the link:

http://nanotank.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3244

well with 3x24 they will live for sure even with 2x24w the thing is the color you'll get better color with 3 or 4 than 2x24 cause if they dont get enough light they get dark cause of the zoanthela thats why i want to upgrade to MH cause if you think my zoas look nice you should see their brotheirs in my friends tanks with MH & MH/VHO they look 100times better and zoas from same colonies!

and about the upgrade still thinking not sure but well to do the mod is not that hard only thing you have to get is some drilled heatshield and extras PC from Nanotuner.com then is just change and drill run and thats it really easy and well even if i upgrade ill keep the hood the only thing will change is the heatshield and will be some extra PC caps and bulbs :D...

MASTERBUILDER: as you wish...

FISH:

1 READHEAD GOBIES

1 FALSE PERCULA

1 YELLOW WATCHMAN GOBY

1 BLUE NEON GOBY

1 CATALINA GOBY

INVERTEBRATES:

2 SEXY SHRIMPS

1 RANDALL'S PISTOL SHRIMP

2 BLACK/WHITE STRIPES SERPENT STARS

10 NERITE SNAILS

1 ASTREA SNAILS

1 BLUE LEG HERMIT

6 TONGA NASSARIUS SNAILS

1 CLEANER SHRIMP (will be added on friday to replace my lost one it was 6months old)

Corals:

* lots lots of zoas and some palythoas

* 2 orange,2 light blue & 1 green ricordia

* 2 orange shrooms

* 2 Lavander shrooms

* Yellow polyps

* 3 heads of neongreen tip frogspawn

OK thats all i have i think :lol:

AND WELL as always glad you like guys.... :red:

EDDY

Damn, So you do have to upgrade the heatshield when you do 3x or 4x? Are you just buying the one from nanocustoms?

I have 4 caps (4x stock ones since I already have 4x Caps / Lights, because I ended up with 2 hoods).

Do you think I can easily do 4x 24 with that? (I already have 2 ballast also.. one that is 2x 24 and one stock ballast.. hmmmmmm..).

Thanks.. and I think I am going to steal your tank.. BTW.

Damn, So you do have to upgrade the heatshield when you do 3x or 4x? Are you just buying the one from nanocustoms?

I have 4 caps (4x stock ones since I already have 4x Caps / Lights, because I ended up with 2 hoods).

Do you think I can easily do 4x 24 with that? (I already have 2 ballast also.. one that is 2x 24 and one stock ballast.. hmmmmmm..).

Thanks.. and I think I am going to steal your tank.. BTW.

Yeah that will work!! i did the same i had 2 pairs of 2x24w from 2 hoods and i just add them so i have 2 ballast running and well just to easy thing you should get the shield is not that expensive or if you can you should cut and drill your own heatshield i can send you in the mail the pattern of my heatshield if you want!..

EDDY...

P.S: you're more than welcome to steal my tank just leave me a envelope with money ok ;)

how do all the fish do in the tank? the reason i ask is because i too have a 12glnc and would like to add a y.w.gobie and a bico blenny with my false perc.

also the tank looks nice i like the new additions esp the orange ont he left and the orange with green skirt.

ADAM

wow those are really nice! very vibrant in color

thx they trully are very vibrant and well hope stay like that until i add the MH...

how do all the fish do in the tank? the reason i ask is because i too have a 12glnc and would like to add a y.w.gobie and a bico blenny with my false perc.

also the tank looks nice i like the new additions esp the orange ont he left and the orange with green skirt.

ADAM

Well recentrly i lost stupid blenny cause i scared him and went to the back chambers i guess he got hurt cause then it jump back by itself to display tank next day it died...odd really odd...

But when i have them together the YWG was ok he will just attack anyone that will get close to him but not always he changed moods really fast sometimes i could even see the redhead on top of him lol... then clown & bicolor they always had fights once in a while for the orange shroom but they did fine but i dont recommend the bicolor for such a small tank cause he was kinda territorial and killed 1 greenbanded goby & always teasing clown and YWG... but the bicolor is great to keep any algea under control he used to be a good cleaner always eating all the algea growing on rock or hydors.. so good luck always u gonna see problems then fish will adapt to each other some not so is about trying cruel but all depends on the actitud of fish....

EDDY

• 2 weeks later...

Latest adition and well some zoas got in the pic so enjoy my zoa garden :D.

P.S: I know the Catalina Goby must be kept in a cold water tank, Although it will tolerate a tropical water temperature, (76 to 78ºF) So I put my tank to 76.2 and hitting the highest temp to be 78(when MH on) so I guess he will ok so far so good been with me a week.

DSC_0165.jpg

Latest adition and well some zoas got in the pic so enjoy my zoa garden :D.

P.S: I know the Catalina Goby must be kept in a cold water tank, Although it will tolerate a tropical water temperature, (76 to 78ºF) So I put my tank to 76.2 and hitting the highest temp to be 78(when MH on) so I guess he will ok so far so good been with me a week.

DSC_0165.jpg

Keep us posted On that Catalina I am dieing to put one in mine and can match your temps or bit lower so i will be watching this thread for sure.

Archived