SaltCritters.com

Nate's New photo thread!

nanoreefnate

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I have posted on NR...

I'm now a college student at the Academy of Art University and I'm majoring in Documentary Photography/Photojournalism. In this thread I hope to get critique from my reef community friends!

Here's some of my most recent works..

8220169694_2a5cf4d9a7_b.jpg

A Golden Glow by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

8181111760_5a9e0f4ff9_b.jpg

After The Rain by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

8102009868_63f57ebeaa_b.jpg

Above the Reef by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

Wow I can't believe how kind you guys are! Thanks a bunch for the support guys! :D

holy #### dude, that's some expensive gear you've got.

Yes, yes it is. :P

I have some very supportive parental units.

looks amazing, more above reef pics please, are those clam shells?

Thanks! and yeah those are. I got a whole portfolio on the Academy of Sciences on my flickr! check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikeboynate/s...57629798378503/

Fantastic!! You should have a book in Barns and Nobles in no time!

I have always loved photography dabbled a little in it myself but nothing like this. Just beauiful! You can have the best equipment in the world but you still have to have tallent!

Fantastic!! You should have a book in Barns and Nobles in no time!

I have always loved photography dabbled a little in it myself but nothing like this. Just beauiful! You can have the best equipment in the world but you still have to have tallent!

Thanks! I hope so. lol. I definitely agree that better equipment doesn't necessarily equal better images.

Here's some more reef related stuff. This is my most popular image on flickr. :P

7104848889_f1566cdbef_b.jpg

Solar Power by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

Great photos Nate! Haha.. I have almost every one of the same events in my photo album over the last year, but yours are much better pics..

Great photos Nate! Haha.. I have almost every one of the same events in my photo album over the last year, but yours are much better pics..

Thanks! Yeah I'm ALWAYS in the city. That's where I go to school :P awh your too kind!

Your pictures have a magical, vivid quality. They make me feel like I want to live inside that magical world. Great eye for color and form. Beautiful.

Your pictures have a magical, vivid quality. They make me feel like I want to live inside that magical world. Great eye for color and form. Beautiful.

Thank you!

Wow those reef photos are stunning :o Amazing work! :happy:

Great pic of the Neptune tank. It's amazing in person.. around 230 gallons if I recall.

Quite an amazing LFS as well.

Thanks man! Yeah it is a beautiful display tank. And the store has been awesome. I even worked there one summer.

Here's a shot of my mentor and Neptune Aquatics Owner Robert The Reefmaster! :P

8286912306_dfffe6ef58_b.jpg

The Shopkeeper (Reefmaster) by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

Archived