acans

mushrooms
umbrella leather
asorted paly frags

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gearhead364

Thanks! okay time for pics! stand was custom made by me and my grandfather with scrap wood from his shop here are the pics of progress.

2012-06-07_15-47-40_532.jpg

Frame with rolling drawer and sump tray.

2012-06-07_21-12-31_803.jpg

Finished cladding with ply

2012-06-08_12-00-38_446.jpg

Pre paint with tank on top!

Might I ask why you opted for the 350w? It seems like you'll have a tremendous amount of light spill, especially with the reported 4.8-6' of coverage. I'm looking in to using one over a much larger system (36x26" footprint), so the question begs to be asked.

The system looks very nice all the same! Is that one of the Deep Blue line up?

Deleted User 4
im pumped for this. looking good. im gonna have one of these tanks soon :D

+1, Oh really? :)

2012-06-12_21-20-17_771.jpg

FTS 6/12/12

Equipment

Tank: 24x24x12

Sump: DIY 10 gal

Stand: Custom ;)

Lighting: Kessil a350w waiting to ship.....

Flow: MP 10

Controller: RKL w/ two pc4

Skimmer: Bubble magus NAC 3

Return: Maxi Jet 1800

ATO: Avast

Cost: priceless... :bling:

Inhabitants:

nothing...yet...more to come....just you wait.........oh it will be worth it......lol :P

Nice tank and stand setup man. I wanna see this build progress!!

gearhead364
Might I ask why you opted for the 350w? It seems like you'll have a tremendous amount of light spill, especially with the reported 4.8-6' of coverage. I'm looking in to using one over a much larger system (36x26" footprint), so the question begs to be asked.

The system looks very nice all the same! Is that one of the Deep Blue line up?

To answer your question I went with the a350w because I wanted a more even spread and not so much of the spotlight effect of the a350 plus I hered on numerous acounts that the a350 was bleaching out corals on shallow tanks due to its power. I figured I would try and and could always change it out.

And to answer you second question it was actually made by aquarium masters who are based in chino, CA but its literaly the same tank.

gearhead364
im pumped for this. looking good. im gonna have one of these tanks soon :D

Me too! do it I love the look of these tanks..

Tank's looking great! But a frag tank?

Yeah a frag tank gonna try and make a lil extra $ on the side while Im in school.

Frags with no disks and plugs like my style? ;)

haha maybe, I dont like disks or plugs but they do keep things organised so well see. :blink:

gearhead364

After two days of painting this is the final product! omgomgomg

2012-06-12_21-19-42_420.jpg

Both top drawer and sump drawer are on 150lb 100% extendable drawer slides that will make working on the sump a little easier...

2012-06-12_21-39-13_599.jpg

On the top drawer the section that curves up is where I will be mounting both the RKL head unit and the MP 10 controller. B)

Deleted User 4

My gosh, you and your grandpa have done a tremendous job on the craftsmanship there. Maybe I can have help from you two some day!! ahahah jkjk

gearhead364
My gosh, you and your grandpa have done a tremendous job on the craftsmanship there. Maybe I can have help from you two some day!! ahahah jkjk

Haha thank you! not to bad for a couple of days and a bunch of scrap wood lol

Sweet build, it all looks nice. I've wanted to do the same thing to help pay for college, although none of my corals are even close to being big enough to frag. Where in California are you going to school?

gearhead364
Sweet build, it all looks nice. I've wanted to do the same thing to help pay for college, although none of my corals are even close to being big enough to frag. Where in California are you going to school?

Thank you! oh just some lil town called Sacramento lol Ill be going to UTI, with the end goal of being a pretty darn good mechanic.

You're definitely going to get some good growth out of those kessils of yours. :)

Guess money pays off.

yeah im super stoked to get it, I snagged it for $50 off during the memorial day sale ;)

Deleted User 4
Thank you! oh just some lil town called Sacramento lol Ill be going to UTI, with the end goal of being a pretty darn good mechanic.

yeah im super stoked to get it, I snagged it for $50 off during the memorial day sale ;)

+2, nice steal deal. :D

albertthiel

Looks good to me ... keep us posted as you get further along ...

Go slow and read up a lot on how to run reef tanks ...

Albert

2012-06-12_21-20-17_771.jpg

FTS 6/12/12

Equipment

Tank: 24x24x12

Sump: DIY 10 gal

Stand: Custom ;)

Lighting: Kessil a350w waiting to ship.....

Flow: MP 10

Controller: RKL w/ two pc4

Skimmer: Bubble magus NAC 3

Return: Maxi Jet 1800

ATO: Avast

Cost: priceless... :bling:

Inhabitants:

nothing...yet...more to come....just you wait.........oh it will be worth it......lol :P

Nicely done and I guess a lot of work ahead now to get things going ...

Good luck

Albert

After two days of painting this is the final product! omgomgomg

2012-06-12_21-19-42_420.jpg

Both top drawer and sump drawer are on 150lb 100% extendable drawer slides that will make working on the sump a little easier...

2012-06-12_21-39-13_599.jpg

On the top drawer the section that curves up is where I will be mounting both the RKL head unit and the MP 10 controller. B)

gearhead364

Well up date time! My light should be shipped out next week sometime so yay! and then stand had been plumbed and all the equipment has been added will pick up salt and sand tomorrow and then should be cycling by monday!

My DIY 10 gal sump

2012-06-16_19-03-47_343.jpg

first chamber is filter sock, chemi pure, heater and skimmer, second chamber will be live sand, rock, and cheto, and third chamber is return pump.

2012-06-16_19-04-53_675.jpg

gearhead364
sick. you like that skimmer?

well I haven't got to use it yet but its defiantly nicely made, will keep you posted on its performance.

Sweet stuff my friend. ;)

Thanks man! getting wet tomorrow!

Archived