Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EZ's Mantis EcoPico

Ezsharkman

This Thread is 50% just having fun and 60% tank talk. Yep thats 110%... so i guess you could say that it "goes to 11"

So, to see the big moments i will be posting them below... if you like occasional poop humor and random talk feel free to read on and join in on the fun

Quick guide

Unboxing and first thoughts

DIY Dry Rock scape can be found here

Adding wet water. How exciting!

water-3.jpg

water-5.jpg

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unboxing my new EcoPico 5.1 gallon

ec-1.jpg

OMG..lets open this baby up

ec-16.jpg

It was nicely packaged and i have a feeling it could have taken some abuse in transit and still arrived in one piece.

here we got the little pump

ec-3.jpg

ec-14.jpg

ec-15.jpg

I upgraded the lights - not to 3 strips, but to 5!

4 Mixed whites and blue strips and 1 all blue strip

ec-5.jpg

ec-6.jpg

As you can see from the above photo the led arm only has slots for 3 strips. I ended up moving the 2 additional strips back just enough to have them not sticking over the edge of the arm. The strips attach with a very strong tape and they even come with screws and holes if you wanted to go that route

Here is the arm with all 5 strips attached

ec-12.jpg

And here they are all on the led arm and powered up

ec-7.jpg

My first impression is this setup is very bright and the tank looks great. The rimless design really speaks to me and the size is perfect for my desk.

Not sure what my stocking plans are yet. I have to stare at the tank for a bit and get a feeling for what i want to do. The tank is very well built and has that modern feel i was after. The plugs for the lights are gonna bother me a little bit, but i will work on that. Even had thoughts of painting the back. Not sure yet

Here it is on my desk... screw the cycle, i added livestock already

ec-9.jpg

ec-8.jpg

Dad... you didnt get another box of water to stare at did you? Did you ask mom? Shes gonna be mad at you!

ec-11-1.jpg

I like it dad.. it's pretty

thank you Maggie =)

ec-10.jpg

Like ... I dig these sleek looking tanks.

Thanks SS!

I am very impressed with it so far. I work from home and this is going to make my desk so much better! i get really excited when i get new toys, hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight

surgicalsense
Thanks SS!

I am very impressed with it so far. I work from home and this is going to make my desk so much better! i get really excited when i get new toys, hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight

Well if your unable to sleep, you can always fill the tank with warm water temporarely, place it next to your bed and place your hand and in it, in the meantime.

Well if your unable to sleep, you can always fill the tank with warm water temporarely, place it next to your bed and place your hand and in it, in the meantime.

i think i will give it a shot and let you know what happens... i use plastic sheets already.. JK

omgomgomg

Sweet new tank and cute pups :)

Thanks Gena... My 3 dogs are my kids and my tanks are my pets/hobby

ps sorry i sometimes type Gina...i have a friend name Gina and its just a habit

i think i will give it a shot and let you know what happens... i use plastic sheets already

Thanks Gena... My 3 dogs are my kids and my tanks are my pets/hobby

ps sorry i sometimes type Gina...i have a friend name Gina and its just a habit

I'm used to it :) It would have been a whole lot easier if my parents had gone with the typical spelling...but my dad is Eugene (Gene)...so that's why I'm Gena with an e :)

I kid, I kid .... sorry, I had such a bad day Sunday night ... I think I am compensating.

My Chargers lost... so i feel ya. Hang in there SS

Dogs can't talk

or type

You lie

LOL! got me!

I'm used to it :) It would have been a whole lot easier if my parents had gone with the typical spelling...but my dad is Eugene (Gene)...so that's why I'm Gena with an e :)

You should see my last name

According to Ez, his do ... "the voices"

i swear... i talk for my dogs. I'm a little nuts

I thought Eric was a mind reader...or is it dog whisperer :P

i hear dogs reading in a whispering voice! its a curse

You mean it's not Sharkman???? :lol:

LOL! its actually Zsolczai

trust me... i know when telemarketers call

Hello

is Eric Zzsskkkolski-ski home

nobody here by that name. bye :D

surgicalsense
LOL! its actually Zsolczai

trust me... i know when telemarketers call

Hello

is Eric Zzsskkkolski-ski home

nobody here by that name. bye :D

Ericmime Zsolczai

... nope the cheese stands alone.

surgicalsense
its Hungarian... its pronounced Like Bulls-eye but with a soul

souls-eye... the Z is almost silent. i was always last

Oh yes, when we had to stand in line at school and wait for our letter of our last to come up :angry:

Thanks all

hey...anyone got a small heater recommendation for me? besides the hydor theo. I have read nothing but bad stuff about them. looking for one with a small footprint and thinking 50 watt

Archived