inTank Media Baskets

gulfliverock.com?

89lxvert

Hi folks. I have a bit of a problem here...and in need of some input. On the 8th of march I made a purchase of the 17lb nano package(fist size premium deco rock) to split between my frag tank fuge and my 5 gallon nano. On fri, march 12th, i sent an email to dan asking for a shipping number.

Response:It was sent on wendesday. It should get there tomorrow.

Thanks

Dan

No tracking number.

Saturday march 13th i sent another e mail stating that i still have no rock, and politely told him that i cant imagine that my premium rock is going to be so premium by the time it gets here ,and that i would send him pics of the rock when i got it.

Response:ok let me know when it gets there

Before i made the order i actually spoke with him on the phone to clairify what was coming in the order.

Fast forward to today.march 15th.Still no rock.

The website states that the order will be shipped usps priority 2-3 days, and that i would recieve a tracking number in an e mail.

I actually ordered from this "company"(used very loosely) based on the members opinions here and his e bay feed back.

On the phone we even spoke of his company being discussed on this forum....and the good things that were said about his rock.

I guess at this point in time....there is nothing i can do about the shipping issue.....and he doesn't seem interested in getting me a tracking number.

The question that I have is, what kind of shape can i expect this rock to be in as far as life after such a screwed up ship....and is there anything i can do to save it. I really dont expect it to be in good shape. I bought the premium for a reason. Am I screwed?

Hi folks. I have a bit of a problem here...and in need of some input. On the 8th of march I made a purchase of the 17lb nano package(fist size premium deco rock) to split between my frag tank fuge and my 5 gallon nano. On fri, march 12th, i sent an email to dan asking for a shipping number.

Response:It was sent on wendesday. It should get there tomorrow.

Thanks

Dan

No tracking number.

Saturday march 13th i sent another e mail stating that i still have no rock, and politely told him that i cant imagine that my premium rock is going to be so premium by the time it gets here ,and that i would send him pics of the rock when i got it.

Response:ok let me know when it gets there

Before i made the order i actually spoke with him on the phone to clairify what was coming in the order.

Fast forward to today.march 15th.Still no rock.

The website states that the order will be shipped usps priority 2-3 days, and that i would recieve a tracking number in an e mail.

I actually ordered from this "company"(used very loosely) based on the members opinions here and his e bay feed back.

On the phone we even spoke of his company being discussed on this forum....and the good things that were said about his rock.

I guess at this point in time....there is nothing i can do about the shipping issue.....and he doesn't seem interested in getting me a tracking number.

The question that I have is, what kind of shape can i expect this rock to be in as far as life after such a screwed up ship....and is there anything i can do to save it. I really dont expect it to be in good shape. I bought the premium for a reason. Am I screwed?

The rock will all be dead.

Sorry.

That sucks though.

And ppl had given it good ratings on this forum?

Thanks Spicer....

figures....i ran across him on ebay and his feedback is great. Went to the website and read. Looked very professional and legit. Did a search here and came back with positive results. Spoke to him on the phone and explained to him what i wanted and he was very accommodating. I even told him i was starting up to become a part time supplier here in Idaho and wanted to see how a small amount of the rock looked before i made a large stock order.

Thanks porksoda....that gives me just a tiny bit of hope. I think that my biggest complaint is that i bought the premium deco rock for the life on it. If i had wanted base rock, i would have just bought the cheap stuff. curing the rock is probably a good idea...but between the trip here and the curing, wont i be left with really expensive base rock?

Some of the stuff still could survive, but with all the time out of the water the cycle will be more pronounced an more things will die. When you get the package take pics before you remove it from the box, after you take it out, and be sure to include some notes on the smell. If they advertise priority and it comes late because of another service and is damaged because of it, it is their responsibility to compensate you for it. If it's USPS's fault for delaying the shipment you may be able to file a claim with them.

It doesn't sound to me like his replies are unreasonable or unexpected, waiting until something arrives and dealing with that is your best bet.

DaJMasta.....thank you for your input. That is exactly the conclusion i came to myself yesterday. As far as the pics and smell. As far as the responses go......they were not unreasonable. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of a tracking number.At least then i would kow for sure who to hold responsible. I even asked for it in an e mail. Seems kinda fishy(pun intended).

Oh yeh......march 16th now.....and no rock. will be placing a phone call tomorrow.

Thanks Spicer....

figures....i ran across him on ebay and his feedback is great. Went to the website and read. Looked very professional and legit. Did a search here and came back with positive results. Spoke to him on the phone and explained to him what i wanted and he was very accommodating. I even told him i was starting up to become a part time supplier here in Idaho and wanted to see how a small amount of the rock looked before i made a large stock order.

Holy crap.

Thats ridiculous.

In my opinion that would be the perfect custy rofl.

I wish you the best of luck with this stuff though, even though I doubt it will be very live rock.

If you dont mind me asking, how much $$ was it?

Sounds like he saved a couple bucks on the shipping.

lr will be fine. you think there will be die off because the shipping is taking too long? it happens regardless because its out of water for an extended period of time. Also who's to say its been shipped yet? sounds like he is just tring to stall.

Thanks again spicer. my opinion exactly. Naw....I dont mind.....its the Nano package. 17lbs preminum deco, fist to double fist in size. 80 bucks, shipped. When we spoke on the phone and discussed size, he said he would include all fist size pieces so that i could split them up between my 5 gal, my frag reef and have a few to put on the lower frag rack.

Redman, thanks for your input also. I do understand that there is going to be die off, thats why i bought premium. In hopes that there will be more life than usual. Isnt that why we spend the money on more expensive rock.....or did i miss somthing. lol. I get die off......but according to him the package left LAST wensday. were now talking a week in a box......wrapped in moist paper towels. Who says its been shipped yet? The owner of the company did. And I hope hes just stalling......but if i cant trust him to send out a 17lb nano order when the order is made, how can i trust him to send out a 50 lb order for my corner show tank.....or to keep my sales tank stocked? My hopes that he is just stalling are the only reason i havnt picked and told him his rock will be on the way back to him without me even cracking the seal. And the reason i havnt sent him anymore e mails. I am giving him a chance.......but at this time i doubt very highly i will order from him again. which is a shame because if you search the site here, there i a post full of beautiful rock that another person purchased from the same place. And everybody that responded the his thread went nuts over the amount of life on the rock.

I sent him an email 4 days ago and have not received a response. I wanted to purchase 30lbs of his premium live rock. Guess he doesn't want any business....

Hey wazupjames....thats a shame.....guess id better start the hunt for a new supplier.

March 17th....still no rock.....

Time to use the search button.....lol

Whys that? Are they questionable also?

The gulf live rock homepage states that the former name of the site is dansmarinelife.com.

Ok, look man, you ordered live rock with priority mail shipping. What you're going to get is dead rock because the scammer seller wanted to save a few bucks on shipping and obviously only cares about his own wallet and not on shipping the live rock in the manner that it needs to be shipped. If you wanted dead rock you could've gotten it much cheaper by paying dead rock prices for it.

If it were me, I'd call my credit card company today to dispute the charge, they'll have you return the boxes to sender and refund your money with really no worries whatsoever. I can guarantee you that he's not going to willingly return your money or take back the live rock, because he's a douche and doesn't care, and honestly is that really the kind of person that you want taking your money? There's a ton of live rock vendors that are legitimate and will actually get you your rock within 2-3 days, don't let this dick get one over on you like he's no doubt done to so many others at this point, the only way that you're going to stop other reefers from getting scammed like you did is to ship him back his rock and give your money to a more professional competitor so he learns some respect for his customers later on.

Yeh thats the conclusion I have come to. Thats why i said in my last post i said"time to use the search button" LOL. To get others opinions about vendors Payed through paypal.....so a dispute shouldnt be a problem. Hes not gonna get one over on me.....and im hopin not on anyone else either. That is the only reason for continuing this post. Just to keep people informed. Ive just been trying to be polite and give him a chance to rectify the problem.

Off to write him a letter. Thanks.

whaevclever

Glad I seen this post. I was going to order some rock from there. So anyone know I really good place to order rock online? I heard a couple good comments about gulf-view. Anyone have any good experiences? Thanks

And THAT right there is why I continued this thread. To help save someone else the grief. I am sorry things turned out this way.....but.......stuff happens.

FYI....just wrote him a letter telling him that i still have nothing and asking him to refund my money...and i also told him that i would send him the link to this post. Well see what happens, and let ya'll know.LOL. Thanks for all the help.

To get others opinions about vendors Payed through paypal.....so a dispute shouldnt be a problem.

I can guarantee you that you don't wanna file the dispute through paypal, always file a dispute with your card company since they're on your side, whereas paypal isn't. If you file a dispute with paypal he gives them a tracking number and you get nothing, unfortunately that's just how it works with them.

Thanks organism. Ive allways had good luck with disputes through paypal(could just be ebay) BUT...there has been a new development.

I sent him a letter on the night of the 17th.By then i was a bit cranky...lol.

Hello. I still have no rock, and at this point in time.....I really dont want it. I started a post about this situation on my forum and the general consensus is that IF you actually mailed the rock like you claim to have......That it is dead. I did not pay premium deco prices to get really expensive base rock. I would be more than happy to send you the link to this discussion. So at this point in time I am asking for you to refund my paypal account. Im more than happy to send back the package IF it ever actually gets here. I dont even want open it to inspect the contents because we both know that nothing can survive in shipping conditions for more that 2 or 3 days, let alone, a week.

I really thought that telling you that i wanted to keep your rock on hand for the locals would make a difference.....I am sorry if the small amount i ordered was not important enough for you to worry about, but it would have led to much larger orders.

I look forward to your response.

Chris Kopcho

Not the nicest....i know.

the response I got back was this:

Chris,

I thought that it got there on monday because I never heard back from you. I will send you a new order on monday. I wish you would have tried to reach me by phone, I would have resent it this week. The post office lost your order, I did not. I will make this right. I am sorry about the mix up. Throw the old rock away if it ever gets there. I did mail the rock. I have reciepts and tracking info. I have arount 500,000 pounds of live rock. I am not tring to screw you out of 17 pounds. Also I treat every 10 pound order the same way I treat a300 pound order. Please send the link. You can reach me any time at 813 503 8140.

Thanks

Dan

So.....it really does look like he is trying to fix this.....i hope so.

Providing me with the tracking number in the first place would have given me a whole different way to deal with the problem.

If it actually goes out priority like it's supposed to and you get a tracking number then that sounds like a pretty good resolution :)

Thats what i was thinkin...He only ships mon-wen...so its supposed to go out on mon. We'll see. :scarry:

He says he has half a million pounds of rock? I see a very large BS shaped redflag right there.....

Best of luck on the new shipment.

The picture quality makes me suspect too.....All of us take nice shots and it is a hobby...that is that dude's business but he can't have high quality shots?

Good luck on it though...and for the most part, rock is rock!

Archived