Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gem Tang

animalmaster6

Gem tang  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this Gem Tang completely overpriced and ridiculous or is it a great price?

• This Gem Tang's price is overpriced and ridiculous
    • This Gem Tang is at a great price and is perfectly well priced.

animalmaster6

I almost thought about getting a Gem Tang for the 125G when I saw this pic. Such a beutiful fish!!!

I took a glance at the price: $2,999.99. After seeing that, about 1 second ;ater i knew I wouldn't ever get it.

What do you guys think about this price? Is it good? I think this is ridiculously high priced but I don't know much about these guys. The description says it is rare but I still think the price is very high.

Link: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...&ddid=80089

What do you guys think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jeeez, how rare can it be...who the f... would spend money on that? No one else is going to know how special it is. I'd just buy another copletely set up tank with amazing light fixture chiller and live stock for that money.

WOW!!!!

animalmaster6
jeeez, how rare can it be...who the f... would spend money on that? No one else is going to know how special it is. I'd just buy another copletely set up tank with amazing light fixture chiller and live stock for that money.

WOW!!!!

I sure wouldn't put money into something that could just simply die during shipping.

This is even worse then the Candy Basslet pair lol

this is notin i know of a couple of angelfish that went for 15K EACH one of them being the pepermint angel but the others were actually quite ugly.

animalmaster6
No way. Purple tang is way prettier for 1/30th the price.

I like this tang a tiny bit better, but you are completely right!

this is notin i know of a couple of angelfish that went for 15K EACH one of them being the pepermint angel but the others were actually quite ugly.

:o

You buy a 15K angel, come home from work and see all your corals gone and your angel lying dead on the ground from eating too many corals.

Worst day ever.

You buy a 15K angel, come home from work and see all your corals gone and your angel lying dead on the ground from eating too many corals.

Worst day ever.

lol so true.

animalmaster6
lol so true.

That's why I'm not getting a Flaming Prawn and Blue Spotted Jaw.

That tang is ugly.

Not the prettiest but I like it.

yah but atleast those are cheaper and in my opinion prettier because the jem tang looks like it has really bad ich. :P

Not the prettiest but I like it.

Would you like it if it was a 50 dollar fish? :) The price makes it look nicer IMO.

animalmaster6
yah but atleast those are cheaper and in my opinion prettier because the jem tang looks like it has really bad ich. :P

lol Gobies are 20x beter than tangs imo

That would look amazing in my 24g. Since I don't have any holes in my rock work big enough for him to swim through, he would stay our front all the time, it would be awesome. B)

animalmaster6
Would you like it if it was a 50 dollar fish? :) The price makes it look nicer IMO.

I would still like it if it was a 10 dollar fish.

I just saw they get too 9". No way can I get hih Desardjini Sailfins are my #1 tangs and they look 500x better! They go first!

That would look amazing in my 24g. Since I don't have any holes in my rock work big enough for him to swim through, he would stay our front all the time, it would be awesome. B)

Are you joking? a 9" fish ina 24G tank?

They have a very limited range. They're very rare in that range. In South Africa and Mozambique it is illegal to export them. I didn't click on the link but I assume it's from Mauritius. When a fish is only found in very isolated areas it will necessarily cost a fortune. Look into Hotumatua, Debelius, Clipperton, Kingi, or Personatus angels...

To suggest that it is "overpriced" shows a complete lack of understanding of what it took to get that fish from point A to point B. Just because it exists in the ocean and you can find pictures of it on the internet doesn't mean hobbyists are entitled to it at an affordable price.

Archived