Coral Vue Hydros

What happened to Sapphire Aquatics?

Jacobnano

Is Kyle no longer a sponsor? I tried emailing him without any luck, I need a replacement impeller, mine disintegrated, and now I cannot find him on the forum. I would really like some help, all I need is* a new impeller :(

Thought something was up. I noticed he no longer sells direct to the public.

This has a rather familiar ring to it. Seems many folks are waiting for replacement impellers Jacob.

Hopefully Kyle will answer shortly and I hope you get the parts you need soon.

Yea I guess it is easier for him. I am just surprised he is no longer a sponsor, I dunno how I am going to contact him and get it. Hopefully he responds to the email, it is a great skimmer...buuuut the impellers haven't been that good for me for some reason.

Yea I guess it is easier for him. I am just surprised he is no longer a sponsor, I dunno how I am going to contact him and get it. Hopefully he responds to the email, it is a great skimmer...buuuut the impellers haven't been that good for me for some reason.

Huh, the SA forum is gone as well.

I had been waiting for the SA RSM skimmer to come out for quite some time.

What is worse is it seems many folks who actually purchased and received their skimmers have issues with impellers breaking and have had to wait- rather long IMO- to get a replacement. He was working on finding a new material / design and I thought had recently begun to ship out replacement parts.

Huh, the SA forum is gone as well.

I had been waiting for the SA RSM skimmer to come out for quite some time.

What is worse is it seems many folks who actually purchased and received their skimmers have issues with impellers breaking and have had to wait- rather long IMO- to get a replacement. He was working on finding a new material / design and I thought had recently begun to ship out replacement parts.

Weird.

Hopefully you can get one, they work great I just need some assistance.

Yea. The thing is this is the replacement impeller, this one has recently broken down. Which is kind of a bad thing, I mean a skimmer isn't necessary but helpful in my SPS heavy tank. Hopefully he can get back to me soon.

There was a post on this thread about not sponsoring any more

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0628&st=680

It has since been removed.

Looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. So he posted about leaving and it was deleted or what?

Yes it was deleted. By who that is not for me to guess.

I can understand the difficulty of making a quality product and the challenges of producing what is in your head and bringing it to life.

I am sure the extra money from not sponsoring won't hurt for the time being while new investment is needed to make whatever the problem is work.

Also... no point in sponsoring when your store is shut down.

Also... no point in sponsoring when your store is shut down.

Wait, whaaaat?

Is there any chance of getting a replacement then?

Well from reading that thread and doing research for you I'd say its still a chance. Looks like the trouble with SA is to make a quality impeller and swap out the bad ones. Customers were getting them in and some like and some didn't.

Did they even sell parts on the site? The store has been shut down for a while anyway, wonder if the other stores still have any stock of SA skimmers?

Well from reading that thread and doing research for you I'd say its still a chance. Looks like the trouble with SA is to make a quality impeller and swap out the bad ones. Customers were getting them in and some like and some didn't.

Did they even sell parts on the site? The store has been shut down for a while anyway, wonder if the other stores still have any stock of SA skimmers?

Huh. Well I am hoping that I can get a replacement.

Just noticed Nanotuners no longer offer Sapphire skimmers- not even "pre-sale"

That is not good at all.

I don't know whether or not that is good news. Maybe they are still making skimmer, or they just haven't been updated yet.

I wouldn't burden myself with orders when you don't have a good product to ship. I would figure out the problem (if I had the money) and fix it. Then open back up and give away free wet water as a promo.

I wouldn't burden myself with orders when you don't have a good product to ship. I would figure out the problem (if I had the money) and fix it. Then open back up and give away free wet water as a promo.

Maybe you can make me a replacement :D

Is there a thread that started all of this wet water stuff?

Damn and I needed a gray collette from Kyle to make my skimmer work, which was left out of my order and no response from him even after he said it was shipped and never showed. I hope he is still checking his mail, anyone know if I can get this piece at like home depot or something? It's the little gray collette that sits in the hole at the bottom of your skimmer and lets your pump line up to the hole.

just adding my own experience/questions.

The pump on my skimmer died. Kyle was super-fast in pointing me towards the replacement pump I needed. I placed the order 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to reach Kyle via phone or e-mail since. Credit card was charged when the order was placed, but no delivery so far.

What's the consensus? Will Kyle come through, or should I begin the dispute process with my CC, and start looking for an alternate pump?

Archived