TANK ON June 1st
DSC_0012-6.jpg

34gal solana
Deltec MCE 600
Phosban reactor
Tunze osmlator
Vortech MP10 + Tunze 6025
ESV dosing
I finally had the time to do a small upgrade from a 24gal aquapod to a 34gal solana. This was a very inexpensive upgrade for me since I was able to transfer all my equipment to this new tank. Besides the tank I also changed the stand to more of a tropical look since my fiancee was breaking em' because of the drab dark wood finish.

Previous 24gal Aquapod
totmpics011.jpg
Here is the stand before
stand1001.jpg
Here it is with a weathered blue finish and I replaced the wood top with a piece of granite.
DSC_0002.jpg

Ready to transfer
DSC_0005-1.jpg

Everything in....Nice and milky :)
DSC_0006.jpg

I'll post more pics when the tank clears up and I mount all the corals.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool. how do you like that deltec. I have to same model. I sucks every last dissolved organic possible out of my tank. I love it.

cool. how do you like that deltec. I have to same model. I sucks every last dissolved organic possible out of my tank. I love it.

I like it a lot for small tanks. I don't believe the MCE 600 will skim a tank nearly as big as the ratings, but for nanos they rock! In the last few hours it pulled 2 cups of milky water. Here is a pic from tonight. Water is clearing :mellow:

DSC_0001-2.jpg

Awesome. I loved your aquapod. This is going to be an awesome tank. Still using a 250 halide?

Thanks. Yeah I still have the 250w halide on there. Currently there is an XM 20k bulb in there(my back up bulb). I am trying to get a new helios 20k, unsuccessfully. I may end up trying an EVC 20k because I heard the color is the same.

Thanks Bluenassarius! :haha:

Thanks David. Hopefully I can get these corals to really grow out. My goal for this tank is to have it filled with good sized colonies, colonies that you would see in a larger reef. It's going to be a challenge to do so in the limited space of a nano :scarry:

Sledgerton, thanks man. I am pretty happy with it.

dpnano, LOL I hear ya. I had that brown stand for a while so I go pretty sick of it.

octoman, LOL

Thanks David. Do you see that stag on the bottom?..LOL. It kind of browned out but it's still here for you :)

Sledgerton, thanks man. I am pretty happy with it.

dpnano, LOL I hear ya. I had that brown stand for a while so I go pretty sick of it.

octoman, LOL

Thanks David. Do you see that stag on the bottom?..LOL. It kind of browned out but it's still here for you :)

LoL!!! Wait ... you still have it?! When I saw you upgraded I figured you were keeping it! Man ... would still love to come and pick it up!!! Maybe Friday night if you are around. We'll be in touch! I just upgraded to ShaunW's 120G ... loving the extra room I have!

Fri night should be fine :)

Thanks begin2117! The colors are a little messed up at the moment with all the stress etc..

Miami Reefer, I would definitely recommend getting one. I love the small size and the flow is great. All the different settings really put this piece of equipment over the top......especially the pulse mode (acts like a wave maker)

the stand kinda reminds of copper when it gets patina, and granite? Nice.

I know what you mean. Kind of like a blueish statue of liberty :). Glad you like it.

Looks spectacular right off the bat!!! Looks like it's going to be a real stunner in a couple of months once you start getting those branching SPS to grow out.

Oh yeah...love the avatar... ;)

Thanks again for the positive comments guys. Much appreciated.

Divecj5, glad you like the avatar ;)

Here is a pic from today. The colors are off from what they were in my previous tank. Some pieces are a little beat up from the move but everything shows good polyp extension and no losses (fingers crossed)
I added a clean up crew consisting of different turbo snails, red leg hermits, and a few mex turbos (temporarily). I think in a few weeks the colors + health will be back to normal.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

Looking very nice there. Dont wory, things will return to normal in a week or two, possibly even within a few days. I went from a 29G to a 90G many years back-it only tok about a week for things to settle to normal. Keep up the good work.

TriggerHappyDude

Awesome tank and stand, love it! Welcome to the Solana threads, glad to have you along.

I want a stand like yours...my stand bugs.

What was the original stand and where did you get it?

What did it take to get that granite top?

Looking forward to more posts from you.

Thanks Sahin fingerscrossed

The original stand was purchased at a raw wood/used furniture store. It is actually a phonebook stand. To get a granite top I went to a local granite fabricator and choose from a bunch of scrap pieces. I had them cut 21" x 21" and polish all sides. I'm glad you like it. I am pretty happy with the ay it turned out.

I

Archived