ReefCleaners.org

ATTN: COLDWATER TANK OWNERS

jeremai

Recently emailed to me from Kenneth Wingerter of foreshores.net:

Hi, Jeremai.

I'm getting ready to pen a third part in a series of articles on coldwater aquaria for Advanced Aquarist (www.advancedaquarist.com). This last piece will be on the subject of livestock and aquascaping. www.nano-reef.com has an unusually high concentration of coldwater hobbyists, many of whom have contributed a pretty good number of interesting images. I would greatly appreciate any permission for the use of some photos from those might be interested in sharing them with the greater marine aquarium community. This kind of article is submitted on spec, so I cannot guarantee that any of the materials will published. All contributers would be credited accordingly (I regret that whoever did the layout for the April

article omitted all of the original captions and credits, but I'll will be sure that it wouldn't happen this time around). They would probably make my deadline if sent by the end of next week. Would you willing to put the word out? Thanks...

Cheers,

Kenneth Wingerter

So, to all of you coldwater nuts: if you are fine with your photos possibly being used in an article for Advanced Aquarist, say so here with a link to your tank thread.

Thanks guys. Do n-r proud!

• 4 weeks later...
so, wtf, I saw your photos and alaska matt's, dunno the other ones

pretty sure some were jamie's as well

I'm proud that photos from our members accounted for roughly half of those used in the photo essay.

Coldwater and temperate tanks are a niche perfectly suited to nano reefing, and I'm all warm and fuzzy knowing that our members were on the cutting edge. Kudos, guys. :)

horusmachine

Great article and great representation. We need more of these articles. Just think maybe we are at the

beginning of something special. Not to say that coldwater and temperate biotopes have not been attempted

but a recognition of the influx of coldwater enthusiasts to our little biotope forum.

H

yay! too bad some of the ones I took in there are of dying animals (the purple sponge and the orange strawberries) >.<

but cool! definitely recognized a lot of them. :)

Archived