SaltCritters.com

NANOYED'S 12 GAL NANO

NANOYED

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to the site and figured it was about time to post up some pictures of my tank. I'm pretty new to reef keeping and as most, still learning everyday. As you will see, I set up this tank to relieve the stresses my dog has to deal with everyday. After reading a lot of info from the site, I decided to try progressive lighting. I started the tank in November 08, and started the cycle under 18 watt pc's. After letting the tank run for 2 months, I upgraded to 55 watt pc's and let them run for 2 months. In March I upgraded the lights again to a viper 70 watt metal halide. Over this period I had almost no die off of coraline and hardly any nuisance algae.

Take a look and give me some feedback, good or bad!!

1.gif

11-28-08 This is after letting the tank cycle for 4 weeks

2.gif

A dogs life....eat, sleep, s#%t, and stare at fish!

3.gif

Better viewing angle!

4.gif

April 10, 2008 - FTS

5.gif

Recent additions

6.gif

Jawfish kick as#

7.gif

Cave entrance

8.gif

Can't wait for this to spread

9.gif

Torch & Hammer

010.gif

Sort of hosting to a hairy mushroom (elephant ear)!

marinebiologist

thats one of the coolest nano's ive ever seen!!!! great job!!

you chould take a look at mine its coming along but doesnt look half as good as yours. good job

great tank, dog makes me lol

Thanks! Bailey (my dog) is in love with my clown goby, she follows it around the whole tank. She will sit for about a half hour at a time watching.

thats one of the coolest nano's ive ever seen!!!! great job!!

you chould take a look at mine its coming along but doesnt look half as good as yours. good job

Thanks, a lot of trial and error!! I'll check yours out.....42 pages.....great where's the coffee!!

I am a little dissapointed with the tank raised b&w ocellaris, I got him because I wanted a swimming fish. All day long he hosts along the back wall of the tank and occasionally heads over to the stock return to get blasted with water. When feeding time comes he'll come right to the front of the tank.

I currently have a yellow clown goby, pearly jawfish, and b&w ocellaris in the 12 gal. I have a sixline wrasse in a 10g frag tank, do you think I can add him to the 12 gal. tank or will it be overstocked? Or should I just swap the sixline & b&w?

marinebiologist

you could switch the fish but if you add another i think it would be overstocked.

you could always ship the clown to me ;)

oh Btw.my friend's elephant ear. yea it ATE his clownfish

I just heard that today from my LFS!! The b&w just hovers over it, and doesn't really rub or touch it. The mushroom closes so slowly, I really don't know how the fish couldn't swim away.

do u have purple hornets? :o

They are faux hornets, but I really can't tell the difference. They have the alternating fringe, just like the real ones. I paid $15 head for them!! I am very happy with them. I also got some blue hornets today, I'll post some pictures soon.

akabryanhall

Hey great looking tank! Don't sweat the B&W hosting the back. For the first few weeks, all mine did was host a 2 inchX2 inch square on the back wall. Now she's all over the place. What is that favia bottom center. It is friggin sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

My newest purcahse...zoaid.com does not have a reference. Does anyone know if they have a name?

unknown_zoas.gif

Archived