29 AGA

805fish

Filtration

CPR backpack skimmer 2R+ with Rioo600

CPR Fuge...Have live rock in it and Chateo

Live Rock

Lighting

Ultralight fixture

2 SPS 65watt 50/50 (actinic 03 and 10,000k)

Cooler Fan

moon LED lights

Coralife36'' MH DE 150W Fixture with 2 14k Coralife bulbs

on timers for 8 hours

Live Rock

26 Pounds of live rock

Saltmix

Oceanic Salt Mix

Randome stuff

Marine Buffer to maintain ph at 8.3

WM research CALXMAX 2pt Calcium/Alkalinity Buffer Part A and Part B (Any good?)

Hydrometer

Fish tank Stand

Water

I Filled it with Ro/Di

Grand Total Cost

60 bucks

Stocking Plan on transferring from my nano.

1Cabbage Leather

1 Hammar

1 Plate

1Shroom

colony of 4 Zoas

1 Toadstool Leather

(any suggestions on more?)

Inverts

1 Big Turbo Snail

5 Red leged Hermit crabs

2 Astrea Snails

do i need more?

Fish

Yellow Clown Goby

2 firefish

*Future Fish i want (Wish List)

Pair or one clown

Some type of goby

(any suggestions?)

its been 1 week and 6 days and my substrate is covered in algae and my glass is starting to show signs of it too. Its brown so im thinking its the diatom bloom.

Readings are as go starting from 11/11

Ammonia: 0.50ppm

Nitrite:0ppm

Nitrate:10ppm

Ph:8.4

SG:1.27

11/12

Ammonia: 1.0ppm

Nitrite:.25ppm

Nitrate:10ppm

11/13

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate:5.0ppm

11/16

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Any suggestions of how many of what to get for a CUC?

going to go buy some tomorrow

Would it be safe to get a CUC at this point? Because alot of Brown algea is on the substrate and on glass.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cerith and Astrea snails make a good cleanup crew. I would do more snails than crabs.

Your light is good for softies and hardy LPS, but if you want to start keeping LPS or SPS, you will need more light.

Thank you JustReef. I did another water test today and this is what it showed

Ammonia: .25ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

Ill be going out today later on to buy some more live rock and maybe change the layout. Will this be a problem with the cycle? or i shouldnt worry about it? It will be cured already.

As for the lights what would you suggest? I was thinking of 1 SPS 65watt 50/50, 1 10,000k Day light, and 1 Atinic(the blue one). Would that be better?

Its been 2 weeks. To early for even a pair of clown fish or maybe a Yellow clown goby?

About the corals in there. The mushroom and kenya tree were attached to the rock already when bought. As for the leather i added it last night

Pics: Sorry if they suck

FTS

29FTS.jpg

Side(pillow view)

Side29.jpg

Chateo

Chateo.jpg

Left

LeftSide29.jpg

Right

RightSide29.jpg

i have a 29 too! they are a great size for a nano, but lighting them can be a challenge. my threads in my sig.

Whats a great size for a nano? sorry. Saw your tank and i have to admit i love your rock work. Once i get more live rock in a week or so ima try making two islands

Very nice. I like your structure on the left side. Your rock chunks are AMAZING! Look at the coraline!

Thank you :D. Idk if you can really see bu the rock on the right side with alot of Coraline is starting to transfer onto the big middle rock. Cant wait to see alot of it omgomgomg

clownfish1124

Thanks for the compliment! The trick to good rockwork is a good backbone. Some people use PVC and others use base rock. However, in my case I used old decorations from when it was a fowlr. These include one top fin coral rock and a lighthouse/ mountain/ great wall of china ornament which was sitting in my basement storage room for ever. But after covering them with 25# of liverock and adding some more from my existing pico as well as some base rock you get a cheap, functional rockscape. In total, the cost was about $130 but it looks like about 40 lbs

Update:

Added today

1 Big Turbo Snail....2 in total

5 Hermits....7 in total

2 weeks in and 2 more weeks to go..

Starting to see some red slime algae. What may cause this?

Also may be upgrading to a 150w Sunpod thanks to Smurf haha

Looking good i have a 29 gallon glass tank setup looking into upgrading over the 50 gallon marker. I am thinking maybe a 60 gallon or larger.

Adolfo

cyanobacteria is caused by lack of flow. either blast it, baste it, or buy some chemical to kill it

so should i maybe point my water jet straight instead of up? or buy another one and add it to the opposite side?

looks like a nice start :)

Thank you :). Just keeping up on my reading and learning new things everyday. Trying to get it right at the 1st time.

Everything is running smooth. Cant seem to eliminate the micro bubbles from the skimmer tough. New rock work done tough with the same amount of rock but seems like there is more haha. New pics up later tonight.

Bak-pac bubble trap will solve your bubble trouble.

Where can i find one of these? Cant seem to find some. Tried adding a sponge and it worked a little bit but still have some bubbles. But the sponge is holding back alot of junk too

So ima take out my Cpr Aquafuge so i can change the media in it. Currently just have live rock rubble and some chateo. Question is, should i add a sand bed or diff substrate? or better to be with out any? Also will it be ok with rubble in it or a peace of live rock or base rock? Keep the chateo in it or remove it? I found a good place in the corner behind a rock where the main lights hit it. Maybe i can put it all back there and you cant tell its there.

New pics of rock layout. All the same rock only the one peace on the right side was transferd from my nano. What do you all think? Cant wait till the white ones start to get color. About the YCG for some reason he loves being up there at night and during the day he likes to hang out by the big white rock on the left. Water tests still good :). When should i do my 1st water change?

Upgrading to a 150 W Sunpod thanks for Smurf :D

FTS

FullFTSnew.jpg

NewFTS.jpg

Pillow View with alot of green algea ha

NewPillowView.jpg

Left side view with chateo behind

LeftSidewithchateo.jpg

Topdown29.jpg

Snail eating ha

Snail.jpg

Left

NewLeftSide.jpg

Right

RightsideNew.jpg

sorry about the crappy pics. Lights were off but turned them on just to take pics.

Tested my water again right now because i had nothing to do and readings were way diff and not a good sign i think

Ammonia: 2.0ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm or 5.0ppm

Do i need to do my 1st water change?

I wouldn't do a water change yet. You just need to ride out your cycle.

There's a link to my 29 gallon in my signature. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

I wouldn't do a water change yet. You just need to ride out your cycle.

There's a link to my 29 gallon in my signature. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

K hopefully its almost over. Its been 2 weeks and brown algae is gone and had a lot of green algae on the front glass but snails did work on it haha. By the way your rock work is awesome. I was trying to go with something like that.But got stuck for now with what i have lol

Just did another water check and seems its back to normal. The cause was i think a big live rock i transfered from my nano and over to this one. Readings are:

Ammonia: 0.25ppm or 0ppm couldnt really tell

Nitrate:0ppm or 5.0ppm but going towards 0ppm more

Temp:77

SG:1.026

so woke up today to only find out the the power went out because of the strong winds. So who knows how long its been out for but came back on just a bit ago. Thankfully everything was ok and didnt last longer. Even tough on my 110 Malawi tank i did see a couple fish gasping for air.

Archived