Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rare-ish LPS to share

phergus_25

Well here she is, Australogyra zelli. Pretty rare from what I understand, but was a free-bee so all the better. Just though I would share.

favitesumms.jpg

favites.jpg

O and here is the one that actually kinda cost something.

Oxypora convoluta

chalices.jpg

I got both of them from a trade at "The Pet Store" in Athens Ga. I'm doing some research to see where the Australogyra zelli came from like in the ocean

http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/...20pages/105.htm

says they are kinda rare in the ocean too, from australia so I'm wonderin how it got here in the 1st place. Also fron Indonisia like said before so nevermind about the Australia thing

(Veron and Pichon, 1977)

Characters : Colonies have a branching growth-form. They may form compact hemispherical mounds or thickets over 2 mtrs across or occur as a few isolated branches. Corallites are monocentric or form short valleys. Walls are thick, rounded and smooth. Columella are absent. Tentacles are extended only at night. Colour : Grey green to brown. Similar species : Australogyra is similar to Platygyra in corallite structure but not in growth-form. Goniastrea ramosa has a similar appearance but is smaller and has paliform lobes. Habitat : Usually turbid waters around high islands or in reef lagoons

Abundance : Uncommon

Archived