ReefCleaners.org

Jebao PP-4

Aquathumb83

Just received a Jebao PP-4 in the mail today that I ordered from THE big online market(the one whose name starts with an A). I have installed it in my Fluval Spec V. This pump is nice and small with an adjustable flow that is low enough for these pico tanks and high enough for larger nano tanks. This pump replaces the RW-4. It includes a controller that allows the user to program a standing wave, feed mode flow mode and speed adjustable. I have set it up with a standing wave and is working great so far. The size is not too obtrusive for the tank size either. It is currently lights out right now for the tank but tomorrow I will post pictures and possibly a video so you can see the action.

You can say Amazon here .

This isn't reef central , we will let you live .

Might want to dial back that pump just a bit before you end up with blended fish .

This was still being tuned at the time of this video.

they are great little pumps. although they have gotten a bad rap. Pull it out every few months and run it in some vinegar. With proper maintenance they will last. Oh and thanks for buying at Amazon your purchase ensures that I get a paycheck.

I only hope they're more reliable than the RW series pumps. I got an RW in September 2015 and it lasted about 6 months then completely died. I cleaned it thoroughly (vinegar bath) and also tried some of the other fixes like the airline tubing bushings, etc... but nothing worked. Either the controller or the pump died fully.

Last night, however, I ordered the pp-8 hoping it might be more reliable. I wouldn't have except I finally came to the realization that I can't afford a vortech or gyre. And the koralias I have are too small for the tank.

they are great little pumps. although they have gotten a bad rap. Pull it out every few months and run it in some vinegar. With proper maintenance they will last. Oh and thanks for buying at Amazon your purchase ensures that I get a paycheck.

I am running two RW-4s in my 66 and two pp-4s in my macro tank. I use the program that syncs both together, whatever that's called and it works well! those things move some water! I tried one in my Fusion 10 and even on the lowest setting, it was way too much flow.

I am running two RW-4s in my 66 and two pp-4s in my macro tank. I use the program that syncs both together, whatever that's called and it works well! those things move some water! I tried one in my Fusion 10 and even on the lowest setting, it was way too much flow.

RW 4 in the CAD 8 FTW. I used the stock controller and it was too much flow. The apex works but I like the aqualink S1. Gave me way better control.
  • 2 weeks later...
zachjohnson65

I have a PP4 pump has anyone tired to open the case to clean? I see the tabs but it does not want to open. I do not want to crack since it is not a Tunze, Sicce or vortech build quality. Nice cheap pump though, i should have upsized for my 34gallon.

I have a PP4 pump has anyone tired to open the case to clean? I see the tabs but it does not want to open. I do not want to crack since it is not a Tunze, Sicce or vortech build quality. Nice cheap pump though, i should have upsized for my 34gallon.

To disassemble you have to take the head out of the mounting bracket. Just carefully pull the arms apart and it will come out. Don't lose the little rubber bushings. Once it's out you can rotate the cage and separate the 2 halves.

zachjohnson65

Thanks i will try rotating it , i was trying to to compress the cage since i thought i saw tabs. How easy does it turn, i do not want to wrench on it too much and break. The wife will kill me if i break an item that is only 3 months old.

Archived