Pod Your Reef

My AquaReef 195

Glitchfish

Glitchfish

On a bright sunny morning In the middle of August, My mother took me to a new Maidenhead Aquatics situated in the West Midlands that had recently opened up. My eyes were in awe at the beautiful new systems installed and my fire the hobby was relit! I was looking around at aquariums and I noticed a display model, Aquareef 195 for £700! My mother and I were hooked and bought the system immediately!

We bought other supplies such as filter media, powerheads and the such and installed them appropriately! Now a year later my aquarium has bloomed and I wanted to showcase my aquarium :) Whilst I have a slight Cyano problem which i have been fighting for months now, It's finally on the run! Heaven knows why I have it to be honest I run Bio pellets, phosphate remover and i'm very strict on my maintenance!

Anyways I hope you love my aquarium :)!

post-91634-0-09788000-1467497029_thumb.jpg

post-91634-0-75139300-1467497036_thumb.jpg

post-91634-0-90888600-1467497054_thumb.jpg

post-91634-0-97276100-1467497068_thumb.jpg

post-91634-0-00616000-1467497081_thumb.jpg

fishfreak0114

Gorgeous! :) for a only a year old, it sure looks now and filled in. What's that large green coral about halfway up in the left?

Glitchfish

Gorgeous! :) for a only a year old, it sure looks now and filled in. What's that large green coral about halfway up in the left?

:D Oh That's Just my Cabbage Coral :) He was a small 3 inch frag from a really poor quality garden centre and it's just blossomed :)!

+1

yea, I would like to see a pic or to of the return compartment... just as important as the front of the tank imo

add an equipment list as well

yea, I would like to see a pic or to of the return compartment... just as important as the front of the tank imo

add an equipment list as well

I can't get pictures right now as my phone is in for repair but i can list everything:

Equipment:

Bubble Magus Curve 5

TMC V2 reactor with Bio Pellets

Rowaphos In a D&D Reactor

Red Sea Carbon

Filter Floss

.. Lots of pumps XD

2x Vortech MP10

1x Tunze 2050

1x Korallia

Ecotech Radion XR30 Pro

Refugium with Fluval Sea LED

Fish Stock:

1x Snow Onyx Clownfish

1x Common Clownfish

2x Banggai Cardinalfish

1x Orange Spot Goby

1x Helfrichi Firefish (Recent Arrival)

1x Flame Angelfish (Recent Arrival)

1x Sunburst Anthias (Recent Arrival)

Coral Stock:

Montipora Digitata

Cabbage Coral (Green)

Acan Lords

Blastomussa

Australian Torch and Hammer Coral

Indonesian Frogspawn and Torch Coral

Lobophyllia

Zoanthids

Green Star Polyps

Cavularia

Duncans Coral

Mushroom Corals (Multiple Varieties)

Toadstall coral

Invertebrates

1x BubbleTip Anemone

1x Maxima Clam (I want more clams)

3x Feather Duster Worms

Scarlet Hermit Crabs

1x Strawberry Conch

Turbo Snails

Nassarius Snails

1x Fromia Starfish

1x Red Tuxedo Urchins

I really Need more CUC

Do you vacuum your sand bed? If it's full of nutrients that could be causing the cyano.

I honestly don't touch it due to all the life and creatures in it X) Don't wanna destroy the bacteria.

Cencalfishguy56

I honestly don't touch it due to all the life and creatures in it X) Don't wanna destroy the bacteria.

if I were you I'd vacuum it lol the bacteria multiplies faster than you think, and is more heavily concentrated in your rock
fishfreak0114

I'd start vacuuming it in small sections if it were me, the creatures can and will re populate, but if you don't vacuum crap will just keep building up in and it could become a permanent nutrient factory requiring more drastic action to fix such as changing out the whole sand bed. Just my thoughts :)

Archived