ReefCleaners.org

JBJ CUBEY | REVIEW/UPDATES (revised edition)

Minishark

Hello everyone! Im so exited to show you my JBJ Cubey pico reef. Anyways, here goes! :D

EQUIPMENT: -JBJ LED light (comes stock)

-JBJ nano pump (comes stock)

-Aqueon 50 W heater

-(Using Red Sea Pro salt)

STOCK: -oceallaris clown-fish

-one reg. small hermit

-two small red dragon macro agleas

-12 or so heads of unanimous zoas.

-one medium colony of neon green trumpet coral.

-one medium head of neon green toadstool coral.

REVIEW:

overall, the tank is nice quality. The lights are efficient enough for any kind of softie and some lower light LPS corals; although the light is a little on the warm spectrum for my taste. spot. The design of the tank is a very nice addition to the tank, with the lid keeping evaporation at a very minimum. the design is modern and clean even though most of it is made of plastic. I havent experienced any scratches on the aquarium its self, but if you are too rough with it the plastic edging it may scuff a little but usually you can rub it off. I LOVE The in back built in filtration, as it functions perfectly and it includes a sponge int he first section, Activated carbon and ceramic rings in the second, and a pump/ space for a heater. Overall a GREAT all in one pico-aqarium for salt or fresh with the occasional small flaw.

MODS: -Cut the sponge in the first stage of in back filtration shorter so it can be able to fit filter floss.

- replace the activated carbon with Chemi-pure elite or blue for overall better water quality.

- add eco pico lights all blue to add a little more blue to the lighting, havent done it myself yet.

(PICTURES)

De8MuBo.jpgZe4mID3.jpgl7YvclE.jpg

CARE INFORMATION:

-Water change of 50-40% weekly (Coral Pro)

-clean sponge in filter every two or so weeks

- repleace the chemi-pure ELITE about every three-two months

- clean the return pump every month

- feed fish with live baby brine shrimp or small PE mysis

- clean algea off glass when nesecary

Tell me what you think about my tank! any questions, comments or tips are awesome!

• 4 years later...