Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kessil A160we lighting schedule discussion

dferrari13

Hey guys...I have the kessil a160we 12 inches over my innovative marine nuvo fusion 10 gallon reef tank and I just want to get a feel for what lighting schedule everyone is currently running.

20160226_1449560_zpszpn4ftti.jpg

I'm currently running:

12:00 5%color 5%intensity

15:00 30%color 40%intensity

17:00 50%color 70%intensity

19:00 50%color 70%intensity

21:00 30%color 40%intensity

23:59 0%color 0%intensity

Before this I had even higher settings scheduled for my light but....i feel like it may have been a little too high for my new inhabitants(like my bleaching monti) but too low for others that have been here for a while (like some palys and zoas towards the bottom quarter of the tank which didn't grow much)....so i recently decided to lower my settings to the settings above...

Obviously the bleaching of my monti was of more concern than the slower growth of the lower corals which influenced me to lower my settings

I have two 160's over my 22g and I'm peaking at 65% intensity and 30% colour. When I had one 160, I think I reached 85% intensity, but I have sps dominant tank. I think my colour used to be 60-65%? I find the lower colour settings increase PUR (according to my seneye), which makes the light more efficient.

Try to lower your colour settings and see if that helps? It takes time with led's, so be patient. Also, you can lower the light and lower the intensity at the same time, then increase the intensity 5% every 3 or 4 weeks.

Nice tank!

Archived