Pod Your Reef

Purple Ribbon Gorgonian has extended Polyp retraction.

Sunstar

Since just before new years, my Gorgonian - Purple ribbon (Photosynthetic) has been retracted I have had it for over a month, it has shed its waxy layer a few times, usually retracting briefly then.

It is in an area of high flow with a Korilla 240 (noisy as hell) not far from it, just not blowing directly on it.

these are my current readings:

04-01-16.png

Temp is steady around 79f

I am using an IM10, with oceanic skimmer (on replacement list) DIY light (replacing with nanobox very soon) ATO is employed and RODI water is utilised. PH test is not available. I need to get a new kit and the Reef shop was sold out. Hopefully next week. Salt mix is IO Reef Crystals. Water change is about a gallon on sunday with 2x lL changes twice a week.

It does not appear diseased, simply, retracted. I am thinking of purchasing a soft tooth brush to gently give it a brush over, incase it is having shed issues, but overall it does not look unhealthy.

Id say its fine. Sometimes they can be tempermental with polyp extension. My purple ribbon's polyps are constantly extended, it gets some indirect flow from my hydor and gets whatever leftovers from when I feed my chalices 3 times a week. Its ok as long as you don't see skeleton.

Now I posted this, she sheds and then out comes the polyps, so I guess she was taking a break. thanks a lot.l I did check and I didn't see skelly

Archived