Coral Vue Hydros

ORA pygmy filefish DOES NOT* eat sps

wow.such.chris

wow.such.chris

I've read lots about these guys and see lots of posts about how they're model citizens and want to post my experience.

I purchased a very small one of these this morning. It was seen picking at the polyps of a red monti digitata frag almost immediately. I fed it some my sis and pellets which it ate but continues to harass the frag.

To anyone thinking of getting one of these in the future keep this in mind and good luck.

• 2 months later...
jedimasterben

Are you sure it is the ORA one? I've seen some for sale both locally and online that turned out to not be the actual ORA fish.

I got an ORA one from Live Aquaria. It is with a variety of SPS and LPS without issue. Maybe bad luck? Or perhaps what Ben said.

wow.such.chris

I'm pretty darn sure it was an ORA fish, I'm in good communication with my LFS and have no reason not to believe them. The polyp picking behavior seemed to cease after the first week or so once he became well fed and adjusted to the tank. It does pick here and there a little bit but nothing to be concerned about at all. I've notced it seems to pick off algae as well, helps clean up but also poops a lot!

Sorry I took a while to update this...

edited the fear-mongering title

I'm pretty darn sure it was an ORA fish, I'm in good communication with my LFS and have no reason not to believe them. The polyp picking behavior seemed to cease after the first week or so once he became well fed and adjusted to the tank. It does pick here and there a little bit but nothing to be concerned about at all. I've notced it seems to pick off algae as well, helps clean up but also poops FEEDS CORAL a lot!

Sorry I took a while to update this...

edited the fear-mongering title

FIXED :lol:

Archived