Coral Vue Hydros

Something feels..."off"

Sunstar

Perhaps its the weather, we have had an incoming storm. I am not sure how much winter storms affect reef tanks. But the past 24 hours things have been looking "off"

I have been doing my weekly water changes. I dumped and changed the RODI top off tank just now. But it seems to look odd.

First of all my nem moved from her place at the base of the rocks and jammed herself in a hole by my zoanthids.

Some of my zoanthids elsewhere are closed, others are open. Some corals that spent the past 4 weeks largely closed have actually started to open and my gorgonian is half open and half closed. Hammer coral - seems closed, one is somewhat "flumpy" but I knocked if off during the water change and have it in a slightly different spot.

I checked water parameters last night after work, several hours after the water change and they read as follows - again I bought the wrong PH test :/

I need to get NH2 and PH tests shortly. TDS on RODI is 0

I am considering increasing WC to 3 a week, with the minor ones being only a 1l. Last water change was 6l. tank is a Nuvo fusion 10.

Any input?

27-12-15.png

my lights go on around 11 until about 10. err edit from 11 until 10.

I don't have a camera right now phone was swiped.

nano fusion 10. Lamp is DIY wiht 3 RB and 2 NW on dimmers. I do a full WC (about a gallon) each week, but I am intending to include at least 1 - 2 smaller in the middle (about 1l) Media is Chemipure Elite and filter floss (floss changed weekly) Using a really cranky sounding Koralia 240, Ato, temperature sits at about 78 -79. I have an oceanic skimmer (I despise) which I want to change for hopefully a ghost skimmer (IM)

I moved the korila's position up a bit because I wonder if it was pissing the hammer off. when I was giving my nems a little shrimp, it perked up after i had the power heads off.

Archived