Cultivated Reef

scruggyj mr aqua 12 long

scruggyj

****Current FTS - 1-7-16

20160106_183902_zps2vxd3ayr.jpg

Here is the start of my mr aqua 12.

The tank is currently cycling and is almost complete. Just waiting on nitrites to fall all the way down to 0.
gallery_89852_8_774874.jpg

Plans:
I plan to keep this pretty simple, minimal and clean.
I am going to go bare bottom with some white starboard at the bottom.
I am going to add a small all in one chamber to the left side to hide equipment and hopefully get rid of power heads in the tank. Using a return pump in the AIO chamber to generate flow.

Stocking Fish:
I plan to only stock this tank with a pair of clowns.
Here is a pic of the clowns that I have ordered. (Onyx Picasso and Gladiator)

gallery_89852_8_1777.png

Stocking Corals:
I plan to only stock this with Euphyllia (Frogspawn, Hammer and Torches)

Equipment:
I don't plan to do a sump or skimmer. I will use the custom AIO insert I am getting made for filtration and hiding equipment.
Light - Current USA Marine Orbit
Pump - eheim compact 1000
Custom AIO insert
ATO - Smart micro ATO

Looks like a good start. I am going to be setting up a 22 Long shortly with an AIO insert as well.

How do you plan on adding the AIO insert with water already in the tank? I am planning on waiting till I get the insert.

I am going to get a local guy to make it. It will have 4 sides and a bottom. It will go on the left penensula style. I won't silicone it in since it will be a box. I will just put a clip or magnet to hokd it in place. I will post pics when I get it. May be a week or so.

Yeah I thought about something like that too. I will try with just the return pump. I can add in a power head if needed to supplement. We will just have to wait and see.

Finally got my aio insert. Here are a few pics. I plan to install tomorrow.

gallery_89852_7_384026.jpeg

gallery_89852_7_30512.jpeg

I can't see the videos at work but I like this approach. These seem to turn into really great peninsula tanks.

Hi. I love the idea of the AIO Insert. Where did you get it?

I had a guy local to me build it. I just gave him the specs. Anyone that works with acrylic should be able to build you something.

I had a guy local to me build it. I just gave him the specs. Anyone that works with acrylic should be able to build you something.

I really like the idea. Please send us pics when you have the AIO insert installed. A video of the water flowing would be ideal. What pump do you plan to use? May I ask how much you paid to have the insert built? I want to have an idea before I go to a local acrylics shop.

I really like the idea. Please send us pics when you have the AIO insert installed. A video of the water flowing would be ideal. What pump do you plan to use? May I ask how much you paid to have the insert built? I want to have an idea before I go to a local acrylics shop.

See post #10 and the video of the AIO installed and running. I am using a eheim compact 1000 but I think the 600 would be plenty. I dialed the flow back a little and am supplementing flow with a power head. My local guy charged me $45 which I though was very cheap. My dimensions are roughly 9 inches tall x 4 inches wide x 7.75 inches long.

Archived