ReefCleaners.org

No longer in service

masssnapz

Pics when I can borrow a decent camera

Tank: 20 gallon cube, mind the chaos I have been slacking on coral placement and keeping the surrounding area clear.

ph6Y5zT.jpg

Lighting: - AI Hydra 26 w/ director

- The sun

- Plan on picking up some t5's for supplemental lighting

Circulation: - Jebao rw-8 w1 at 50% and else mode 50%

- aquaclear 30 w/ diy sodabottle sponge filter attached when doing waterchanges and tank maintenance.

Filtration:

- Marina HOB breeder box w/ waterpump Stuffed with chaeto and 7 mangroves(Plan to add a rio 90 to this the flow it horrible)

- 20 lbs live rock

Live Stock:

Gold bar Maroon clown juvenile(Bull)

Occelaris clown juvenile(Mako)

Six line wrasse(Sketch)

Trio of green chromis(There all named trio)

Two RBTA's

5-6" Squamosa clam

CUC: Astrea, Nasarius, Cyrith snails, Sand sifting star, Blue leg hermit, peppermint shrimps, pods, brittle stars, bristle worms, stomatellas.

Coral LPS:

Duncan colony 9 heads

Red/purple acan 4 heads

Frogspawn

Candycane

War coral

Rainbow Micromussa

Miami hurricane chalice

ORA Easter egg chalice

Unknown chalice

Coral SPS:

Yariel rainbow acro
Upscale microclados
Orange setosa
Forest fire digi
Superman encrusting monti
Purple stylo
Tri color valida
Strawberry shortcake
Green slimer
2x Larry Jackson
ORA Red Planet
Meteor Shower cyph
Orange Creamsicle Pavona (Creamsicle part I added, cause it really does look one that melted)
Ultimate blue stag
Green Monti cap w/blue polyps
Beige moti cap w/blue polyps
Pink Birdsnest
Ora Birds of paradise(I hope this thing makes a full recovery, I rescued it from someone who plopped it into an uncycled tank with t8 lighting. Before pics looked amazing and its already starting to come back to life) Started to turn black so I got nervous and tossed it.
Z's & P's
LTR Incinerator palys x 4
Colony of pink glimmer palys
Mini Colony Fire and Ice zoas
Colony Purple People eaters
Radioactive dragon eyes
Nuclear green palys
Various other z's and p's that have some nice colors and marks mixed in, also meaning to get these identified.
Manual Dosing:
Acropower (Holy crap this is like crack for sps)
Kents essential elements
Red sea A B C
Brs 2 part finally, where have you been all my life !
Kalkwasser when my ato finally shows up

Wow can't wait to see what this tank looks like

I cant wait to show you, just need to find a buddy with a decent camera, I have tried gel filters on my phone and it just doesn't capture what I see.

Marc.The.Shark

I cant wait to show you, just need to find a buddy with a decent camera, I have tried gel filters on my phone and it just doesn't capture what I see.

I hear ya on the crappy cellphone pics! That's what i use as well, not the best by far, although I just took a few shots under blues through my Oakley lenses & that came out pretty good considering. Doesn't do anything for regular daytime ligjting tho :(

It's always hard to get a good photo, I have a Canon 7D so makes life a little easier for me. Still hard to get good photos even then

Some frags I deemed safe to pop into the display, also figured out that if I open up the shade behind my tank I get awesome color for pics.

KovoxMo.jpg

ipFi2q9.jpg

Pak56GI.jpg

fZQFmKD.jpg

Some frags I deemed safe to pop into the display, also figured out that if I open up the shade behind my tank I get awesome color for pics.

KovoxMo.jpg

ipFi2q9.jpg

Pak56GI.jpg

fZQFmKD.jpg

Wow nice frags man!

Awesome. What is your dosing plan going to be with this tank once you get the kalkwasser and brs two part? really like that diy sponge filter you made too, haven't seen one of those before. Is that more to protect the anemones or to add biological filtration?

Awesome. What is your dosing plan going to be with this tank once you get the kalkwasser and brs two part? really like that diy sponge filter you made too, haven't seen one of those before. Is that more to protect the anemones or to add biological filtration?

Well after using the two part for about a week and a half, I have come up with 15ml of alk in the morning and at night before bed to keep it at 8dkh, my sps are alk hogs, hopefully the kalkwasser will enable me to just dose this in the morning vs 2 times a day. I go through about 20ml of the calcium part a day as well. Right now its manual but and I have a jebao dp4 to setup when I move next month.

The sponge filter was actually just to catch detritus stirred up during water changes, but I have strated leaving it on and just ringing it out in some tank water ever couple of days since I dont skim, I had a hob filter with floss, but having the sponge front and center reminds me to clean it out. It does a really good job at catching all sorts of crap and where it is placed a the detritus seems to swirl around the tank once or twice and then make it to the sponge. It is a rather ugly contraption so a lot of people wouldn't find it very appealing to look at, but it gets the job done.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived