Pod Your Reef

IM NUVO Fusion 20 Gallon Skimmer that works

WolvPro

I have been wanting a better skimmer in my Nuvo 20 and the Ghost Skimmer was not an option as I had issues with one a few months back and never wanted to go that route again. I picked up the Eshopps Nano PSK-75H HOB skimmer and it is already out preforming the Ghost Skimmer. So if you are looking for a skimmer that will work in your Nuvo Fusion 20 and want something that has been around for years and works great save your money. Hope this helps someone. Wish I knew this information a few months ago. I included a pic.

post-88456-0-76975500-1443308926_thumb.jpg

UPDATE on this skimmer, after 3 days this skimmer is broke-in and is pulling out dark brown skim not tea skim. Emptied it once it got to the inch or so high mark and that was a few days ago. This time it is at 1/2 high in the cup. Amazing skimmer. Just as good if not better than Tunze. Great job Eshopps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any updates on this? does it have to be that high out of the tank? it looks terrible like that.

any updates on this? does it have to be that high out of the tank? it looks terrible like that.

Was thinking the same thing. I'm undecided on the ghost skimmer or tune.

Tunze 9001 doesnt fit, I ended up with the Eshopps nano, collection cup is about 2 inches above the glass from the lid, so its pretty stealthy. So far so good, still breaking in. Fits perfectly in a Nuvo Fusion 20.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Do you still have the Eshopps Nano PSK-75H HOB? Looking to buy the innovative skimer but tank god i found your post. Please letme know if you still using it? Its noisy etc?

Tunze 9001 doesnt fit, I ended up with the Eshopps nano, collection cup is about 2 inches above the glass from the lid, so its pretty stealthy. So far so good, still breaking in. Fits perfectly in a Nuvo Fusion 20.

The Tunze 9001 fits in the center return pump chamber. Remove the "Y" and just split the pumps or run the 1/2" ID tubing to one return nozzle.

The Tunze 9001 fits in the center return pump chamber. Remove the "Y" and just split the pumps or run the 1/2" ID tubing to one return nozzle.

Hey Stevie, possible to remove the y but still use one pump and fit the tunze 9001?

Is any member using a Tunze DOC Skimmer 9001 on a I.M.fusion 20 that can provide pictures or video? I really appreciate. Nearly buyng on skimmer. But not decided between ghost or 9001. Thank you in advance

i ve got 2 plans : but need advice please.

1 - The Tunze 9001 fits in the center return pump chamber . Remove the "Y" and just split the pumps or run the 1/2" ID tubing to one return nozzle. folow StevieT advice.

2 - remove first baffle on the right hand side of the sump, give the right space for the tunze and glue it back ?? what do you think? what is the best option? thank you in advance

Do you have any pics Steve?

Archived