inTank Media Baskets

Aviators Nano Box powered Nuvo 8

aviator300

I have been so busy and overwhelmed with my divorce and upcoming move from Scottsdale AZ to Roseburg OR that I think I forgot to even begin a thread on this tank until now so, I'm going to do so even though I'm taking it down tomorrow and relocating it to Oregon later this week.

I seem to be the kind of reefer who is never satisfied with their present tank. I tend to get one going, keep it for a month or two and then change everything around (usually with another tank, light. etc), and this is no exception. I wish I had the patience to set up a tank and let it grow for several years like so many others do but I guess I must have been born "under a wandering star" --Paint your wagon 1968.

I have always wanted a Nuvo 8 and since I needed something small to go with me on my move, I purchased one and started it back around the first of june. I used some corals I've been keeping in other tanks and some very well established BRS Reef Saver rock which has also been in other tanks and there you have it. FIRST, here's some details and then a photo.

IM Nuvo 8 AIO tank

Bare bottom

Stock pump

Rio 90 in display for water movement

PicO Aquariums 2.0 skimmer

Hydor 50 watt heater with Finnex controller.

In Tank Media basket with floss, Chemi pur Blu and Seachem Denitrate.

RSCP salt

Nano Box Mini Tide with Storm controller (my choice)

I took this pic today. Sorry about the poor quality cell phone pic. I'm also not good at getting the lighting colors just right for photos.

a02e5e88-db26-4aa9-9f89-218facc3061b_zps

b68112ab-77c1-4efa-af67-da8abaf7d909_zps

I will be transporting the tank with enough water in it to cover the corals, fish, and snails. I'll be using a battery powered air pump and keeping the tank near me in my van. I will take the water out when loading and unloading the tank except for a small amt in the bottom for the fish and CUC. I'm going to drive straight through (about 18 or 19 hrs) because I've been a real "Road Warrior" my whole life. I should have the tank up and running within about 25 hrs from takedown so I hope the livestock will make it OK.

If all goes well, I'll be back online within about a week to let you all know how everything went.

Bye for now: AVIATOR.

Wish you all the luck in your move.

We will have to get together after you arrive here in Roseburg OR.

Barry

Cool. Just a little South of me right?

Cool. Just a little South of me right?

Yes 6/7 miles.

Have a safe trip.

Barry

I had a bad day shorted the drivers on my nanobox retro........

Archived