SaltCritters.com

EZ's Seahorse IM fusion 40(now with AWC)

Eckozulu

Well my girl is growing out of her 15g tall, so I started a new Fusion 40 for her and got her some friends.

All horses are Capitive bred and eat frozen (only way to go, imho.)

Here's the equipment list:

IM Fusion 40

SC aquariums 50g cherry stand

Intank media baskets

AI hydra and mount with AI director

Full Apex

100w cobalt neotherm heater

Pacific Coast CL280 chiller

1.0 and 0.5 Sicce pumps

IM ghost skimmer midsize

Tunze 3155 osmolator

Eshopps 10g ATO container

IM desktop reactor (brs bio-pellets)

Cool guys 35mm fan with thermostat(to keep the stand cool)

Vertex duplex cleaner

Vertex hexaplex modified into feeding station

Vidarock custom rock scape

30lbs Tropic Eden reef flakes

3 cerameco blocks

Mp10wqd

Fake plants (don't judge me, waiting for my macro to grow out)

Livestock:

Black H. Erectus (sea critters, SC)

Tiger H. Erectus (fat and happy aquatics)

Florida sunshine H. Erectus (fat and happy aquatics)

Stripe w/ Cirri (fat and happy aquatics)

Pearly Jaw fish

Green Chromis

Skunk cleaner shrimp

50g Cleanup crew from reefcleaners

Zia's Epic Z/P's pack (I'll name them later)

Zia's crazy bright Toadstool leather

Salt Critters 10pack Riccordia

I think that's it, stand by for pics.....

Beautiful ponies! How are you liking the 40 fusion so far? If I wasn't on a hiatus due to to RL, I would grab a fusion 40 myself. Ever think about adding more macroalgae or gorgs to replace the plastic plants you have? It's your preference but I feel like it would bring out more natural beauty.

And this is how I keep up with water changes.

BRS 5 stage RO/DI with dual RO membranes, dual TDS, flush kit, and shut off valve

2 35g vital vault containers (fresh)

55g container (salt)

Jaebo 6000 DC pump

Reef keeper lite

image_zpsl3udglht.jpg

Beautiful ponies! How are you liking the 40 fusion so far? If I wasn't on a hiatus due to to RL, I would grab a fusion 40 myself. Ever think about adding more macroalgae or gorgs to replace the plastic plants you have? It's your preference but I feel like it would bring out more natural beauty.

Loves the Fusion line. I also have a 30L and 10. I have a couple of gorgs in there and some macro. Just waiting for it to grow out. Got the fake stuff, just so the ponies have something to hold on to.

Thanks for looking!!!

Wow looks incredible!

You are using the stock pump?

Thanks!!! I'm using a Sicce 1.0 to go to the chiller and a 0.5 for the other pump.

charnelhouse

Fusion 40 Club needs to happen. Nice stuff, that piece of rock is bad ass. And I'm hella jealous of your RO/DI set up, although I'm trying to work up the nerve to start using natural sea water from my local ocean.

Fusion 40 Club needs to happen. Nice stuff, that piece of rock is bad ass. And I'm hella jealous of your RO/DI set up, although I'm trying to work up the nerve to start using natural sea water from my local ocean.

You have got to be from Northern Cali!!! I'm from Vallejo now living in B-more.

I would love to use natural, but I don't trust anything from the Chesapeake. Thanks for the compliments!

charnelhouse

Haha... Nah, I'm a So Cal kid. Born and raised in LA. But I lived up in Nor Cal for about a year when I was 16, so use "hella" like I'm from up there...

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Dual head Stenner 100dmp4 70gpd peristaltic pump!!! Run it for an hour a day to give me 1.45g water change Monday thru Friday. So far I love this thing. And many people say it's loud, but it's more quiet than my tunze ATO pump. Debating on another one for my SPS tank or a apex DOS or spectrapure setup.

I found your thread. Very nice and no judgement about the fake plants. I used fake and macros until mine grew out.

I am going to study your WC system in more in depth after dinner.

BTW, your ponies are beautiful. I love the cirri on the dark one. Where did you get them and what kind are they?

I found your thread. Very nice and no judgement about the fake plants. I used fake and macros until mine grew out.

I am going to study your WC system in more in depth after dinner.

BTW, your ponies are beautiful. I love the cirri on the dark one. Where did you get them and what kind are they?

Thanks for not judging :) all 3 are captive bred Erectus from fat and happy aquatics. I've been talking to Alyssa from pacific east aquaculture to get a pair of hybrids (reidi X erectus) and another erectus with cirri!

Thanks for not judging :) all 3 are captive bred Erectus from fat and happy aquatics. I've been talking to Alyssa from pacific east aquaculture to get a pair of hybrids (reidi X erectus) and another erectus with cirri!

Ecko, did you know most erectus lose their cirri after they mature? If you are getting an erectus just for the cirri, you might be disappointed when it goes away. Also I would be careful about putting 6 seahorses in a 40 gallon. It's not that it can't be done but you don't have much margin for error should something happen and you should keep up an overkill WC schedule.

I was checking out the ponies to see what gender they are...is it 2 boys and 2 girls? Although the small pony with the cirri could still develop a pouch. One of my erectus fry that I raised to maturity didn't develop a pouch until about 6-7 months. I was going to keep him (when I thought he was a 'she') and another male that I raised until they started flirting with their momma. Sorry, but that was just too weird for me!

Ha ha, too weird.

I guess I should have been a little more clear about the horses homes. I'm what you call, a complete addict. As of right now, I'm up to like 7 tanks. I have an extra cadlights 50g in the basement, I want to keep some bigger horses in. I think the hybrids will get as big as regular reidi.

Some other tanks I'm working on are converting my jellyfish art(death trap), into a functional kreisel. I got the new eshopps nano sump for it, drain finally got sorted out, now just working on the spray bar. Got a fusion 10, for LPS and waiting for a good deal on a lightning clown. Got a 37g tall I want to convert to a horse rearing tank. Still have the 15g tall, use as quarantine? 2 fluval spec Vs for fish quarantine. My 30 fusion SPS tank. And lastly, hopefully a 180 shark tank.

See, addicted.

Woah! That is a ton of tanks!

Glad to see some more seahorses on here! Makes me miss mine. That one with all the cirri is stunning!

Ha ha, too weird.

I guess I should have been a little more clear about the horses homes. I'm what you call, a complete addict. As of right now, I'm up to like 7 tanks. I have an extra cadlights 50g in the basement, I want to keep some bigger horses in. I think the hybrids will get as big as regular reidi.

Some other tanks I'm working on are converting my jellyfish art(death trap), into a functional kreisel. I got the new eshopps nano sump for it, drain finally got sorted out, now just working on the spray bar. Got a fusion 10, for LPS and waiting for a good deal on a lightning clown. Got a 37g tall I want to convert to a horse rearing tank. Still have the 15g tall, use as quarantine? 2 fluval spec Vs for fish quarantine. My 30 fusion SPS tank. And lastly, hopefully a 180 shark tank.

See, addicted.

Well at least you can admit it! Ha ha! I guess you don't need an intervention just yet! LOL

• 1 month later...

Archived