inTank Media Baskets

Nano Box 2015 Updates

DaveFason

I like keeping you guys in the loop of what is going on over here. I have been working my tail off to get new product, better LEDs and more improvements to help better NBR.

HYBRID :

I will have the pre-order up this weekend along with the first of the photos. Prices will range from $795-1250 depending on amount of arrays and and T5 bulb count. They look sexy and will be a hit among the nano world. The best part, everything will be 100% made and built in USA.

IT WILL FINALLY BE UP! I went back to the drawing board, picked up an incredible lens for product shoots. This will list out all upgrades, new photos and accurate info. Here are a few teasers.

15829783423_e19c659000_c.jpgPrint by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

15827049603_8e27e65f0a_c.jpgminisidenewwebtexttank by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

15824588624_200ea38bf3_z.jpgwhiteredduomainweb1 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16449800345_0c7cae971d_z.jpgwhiteredduomainweb copy by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16449800345_0c7cae971d_z.jpg

16262120678_2f2306d6bc_z.jpgminiwhitebluebottomwebsitetextpar by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16262123258_577e168c6f_z.jpgminimoonwebsite by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

15824588624_200ea38bf3_z.jpgwhiteredduomainweb1 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

15827273814_6dfe5b3aa3_z.jpgquaddualgooseweb copy by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16445355681_7e4a1cfdc2_z.jpgatiwhiteweb4 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

ADDED MACHINIST & HELP :

I contacted Chris at CNCreef and it simply snowballed from there. He is now able to help boost my stock of heatsinks, caps and other small items that my local machinist had to juggle. Now this are MUCH more streamlined and will be a huge asset to NBR. As well I have hired a local kid that works for a SMD plant here in town. He will now be building my drivers, Storm cables, etc. This will help so much as these were things that killed me!

WHOLESALE :

​Starting in March I will be cold calling local stores and some of the larger ones. This was something that has been in the works but I needed to finish crunching numbers. This is now a reality and I am SO excited. If you have a local store that you want me to call, shoot me a message.

FACEBOOK & IG :

With the help of Brad I am nearing 12K in followers in FB and reaching 500 on IG. If you are on either platform please follow and share. @NanoBoxReef

SHOWS :

I will be attending MACNA, Reefstock and one Reefapoloza. Stay tuned!

As always thanks NR members. It all started here!

-Dave

man, I clicked in here hoping for pics of the hybrid :(

still a lot of good news in here though, pretty cool to see you growing and hiring. keep up the good work!

Keep up the great work Dave, you make a quality product that looks great and outperforms it's competitor's. You should have no problem with the wholesale market. Look forward to seeing your continuing and growing success.

On a side note this weekend can't get here soon enough haha,

John

I am soooo excited for my Hybrid! Hurry hurry hurry hurry! Hahaha! Looking great Dave, you never cease to impress, you are a great guy and I can't think of a better person to have his business flourish!

Have you considered a larger square shaped housing and array? I ask selfishly because I have a 18" cube with euro bracing and I've had a lot of difficulty finding lighting upgrade options that can be centered over the opening. If the fixture overhangs the euro bracing I'm sure there is significant loss of PAR when the light is forced through glass or acrylic.

I'm currently using a MaxSpect Razor Nano, which I like, but other than a EcoTech Radions and Kessils I don't have a lot of direct upgrade (shape wise) options. For those that have a rimless tank my size and square, the suggestion would probably be a duo but personally I like the look for a square fixture over a square tank.

Have you considered a larger square shaped housing and array? I ask selfishly because I have a 18" cube with euro bracing and I've had a lot of difficulty finding lighting upgrade options that can be centered over the opening. If the fixture overhangs the euro bracing I'm sure there is significant loss of PAR when the light is forced through glass or acrylic.

I'm currently using a MaxSpect Razor Nano, which I like, but other than a EcoTech Radions and Kessils I don't have a lot of direct upgrade (shape wise) options. For those that have a rimless tank my size and square, the suggestion would probably be a duo but personally I like the look for a square fixture over a square tank.

Honestly no. I currently love the look of the units. As for the array, the size is very similar to the Ecotech/Kessil. They are just inside a different body. The Duo would work fine with your current tank.

-Dave

Honestly no. I currently love the look of the units. As for the array, the size is very similar to the Ecotech/Kessil. They are just inside a different body. The Duo would work fine with your current tank.

-Dave

Ok

I hear the nervous twitching of all the other manufacturers out there....OH NO HE"S GOING WHOLESALE EVERY LFS WILL WANT THIS...HOW CAN WE OVERCHARGE FOR OUR INFERIOR PRODUCT NOW... :lol:

Is there a recommended tank list for the Duo? I see the same picture listed twice for the Duo, while all the others have recommended tanks ^_^

• 1 month later...

Archived