inTank Media Baskets

Will this cadlights aquarium fail? Chipped corner

fishphi784

fishphi784

I recently ordered a cadlights 50 long. I have not decided if I want to make a thread detailing the transaction as I am giving them ample time to remedy the issues I have experienced; lets just say it has not gone smoothly. However, I have one really critical problem. A chip shown below is in the bottom left corner of the tank. It is on the very bottom of the front panel of the glass. I informed them of this and here was their response:

"the bottom of the tank isnt a chip and is from the polishing process. it definitely is safe to use.

the bottom edges go through a different polishing process which is not

as refined as compared to the top and visible edges."

This response did not sit well with me. I requested a three year warranty if I keep the tank, which they have agreed to. So what are y'alls thoughts? Do you think this is a serious issue or is it small enough that it won't be problem?

91A93F10-015C-4D93-83F5-9F040A18CCE2.jpg

889EFD36-4592-48F4-85B9-DB54D576AED4.jpg

44137166-B0EB-4ABD-8AD7-C0E2875BD3AC_1.j

fishphi784

I should note that the chip occurred before silicone. The gap created by the chip is filled with silicone.

Send it back.

Dont even think about keeping that.

Post this in the Cad Sponsor forum. Maybe they can find the particular Chinese slave who made the tank and give him 20 lashes.

If they don't take care of it now why would they even honor any warranty in the future? Sounds like they are saying anything to get u off their backs. I just saw a thread saying cadlights CS got better. Guess not

Hey there fishphi

Yes, we are definitely working on the issues you have mentioned with Jason and we are prepping the items for you.

For the tank itself. what typically makes a chip in the glass will be a single or multiple pieces of smaller glass that flaked off or missing. they can vary from large to small. it usually will look like a "C" or curved shape where one end goes in and the other comes out. from the picture above, there doesn't seem to be this missing glass or this curvature which are 2 of the main factors in determining the severity of the chip. thats why we can determine that your tank is safe to use and has no compromise to its integrity or its durability.

it looks like there is some silicone there. if you can, please feel under the silicone to see if it goes any deeper than the surface of the surrounding area (Edge)? you can do so with a razor blade. maybe it can be just a smudge of silicone on the area, if not we can prepare for you the proper remedy.

YES, we warranty all of our products especially our aquariums such as the Artisan which we hold in very high regards to. if we say we warranty for 1 year or any specified time period, we most definitely do.

Thanks so much

Scott

fishphi784

Thanks Scott. I spoke with Jason and he/cadlights is replacing the tank. I'm very satisfied with how this is being handled. Thanks.

fishphi784

There is definitely a large, scalloped edge. It was siliconed over. You can see it clearly in the picture. It starts in the corner and develops inwardly and terminates about 1.5 inches in. Look at the black profile from the top down. That is where the silicone filled the void left by the chip.

Fishphi, I'm really glad to hear that Cadlights is going to take care of this for you. I had a chip in mine too (as you know) that went a little under the bottom and Scott/Jason are sending me a replacement...I'll be on pins and needles until it arrives safe and sound. Believe me, I feel your pain about the tank and having to wait...I do think these Cadlight aquariums are among some of the nicest out there and can't wait to get mine set up.

Looks like someone got a little over zealous when grinding the edges down. Glad they are taking care of your tank.

fishphi784
Fishphi, I'm really glad to hear that Cadlights is going to take care of this for you. I had a chip in mine too (as you know) that went a little under the bottom and Scott/Jason are sending me a replacement...I'll be on pins and needles until it arrives safe and sound. Believe me, I feel your pain about the tank and having to wait...I do think these Cadlight aquariums are among some of the nicest out there and can't wait to get mine set up.

They seem to be taking care of everything. If everything goes as planned I will be very satisfied. Hope your's shows up soon!

fishphi784

Has anybody else here ordered and received one of CAD lights 50 gallon long tanks that included a stand?

• 2 weeks later...
Visualscapes
Has anybody else here ordered and received one of CAD lights 50 gallon long tanks that included a stand?

I just ordered the artisan 50 long with the stand. It's being built right now, and should have it in the next couple weeks. I'll post a pic when I get it. Hopefully everything goes well!

After i changed my mind on setups umteen times i finally decided to buy an artisan 50 long combo as well. Waiting on it to be in stock. I'll post a review when i receive it.

Visualscapes

Hey turbo,

Just a heads up. Even though the 50 long isn't in stock, I got mine by calling them directly. Jason at CAD told me they're getting glass for a few of them and are making them now. I don't think they will even be on the website, and after this he wasn't sure when they would be back in stock.

Archived