Coral Vue Hydros

Expansion planning - IM Nuvo & Apex questions

Mirya

So for the past several years my job situation has been... let's call it tenuous. I work for a state university and so funding for my position has always been patchy. (I've been working under 3 or 6 month non-renewable contracts.) But, it looks like I'm about to get a 1 year, renewable contract! :D Let the planning for another tank build commence! :haha: I'm still going to be living in an apartment for the foreseeable future, so I will stick with a nano AIO. (Yes, I'd eventually like to have a set-up with a sump, but once I get a house.)

Question 1: Which tank? (long profile, curved corners, AIO)

I really like the curved corner look of my IM Nuvo 8. I'd like to get a longer display like the Nuvo 16 or 24. I'm concerned about the stories of the 24s cracking though. I realize that the 24s have thicker glass now and so cracking shouldn't be an issue, but I'm leery and leaning towards the 16. Any feedback on the new version 24s? Any other brands of AIO with a long display and curved corners?

Question 2: Expanding my controller?

I have a Apex Jr on my Nuvo 8. The two tanks are going to be set-up next to each other. Can I control both tanks from one controller? What would I need to control the other tank? It looks like a PM1 ($85), a temp probe ($30), and a Energy Bar ($120-160) is what would be needed? That seems to equal the cost of just buying another Apex Jr ($240). Should I expand my Apex, get a second Jr, get the Lite or full Apex for future upgrading ability (i.e. I own an house and get a big tank), or get something like the Bluefish?

Thanks for any opinions/advice!

Question 1: Which tank?

Since you are looking at the 24 for a longer display. I strongly suggest going with the Fusion 30. I upgraded to this tank from a cube last week and am absolutely 100% impressed with it. I too was worried about the cracking glass, and I still didn't feel comfortable with the curved edges - That and they are a HUGE pain in the ass to clean

Archived