Skimmer: None

Other Equipment: Heater

IMG_8761_zps92e0a2cb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kush!

Going to stock it primarily with LPS; hammers, torches , frogspawns

I want lots of movement in the tank Iv done way too many sps dominated ones time to try something

different

If that's the aim, i think a golden torch would be awesome in there. I've always wanted one, but i've only seen one at big al's and all their shit is way over priced.

Really like your lighting setup so far! I may have to invest in this...

Do you have it set on a time? If so, what times is it on/off?

Yes I have it hooked up to timer

Because the tank is filterless and I dont like cleaning I'm only running it 6 hours from about 8pm - 2am

This is the time I usually spend at my desk so I figure might as well enjoy it while I'm there

Oh that's pretty interesting, so it's different from real-life daytime. Very cool.

My tank's at home, it does get some good indirect sunlight right now but I'd probably be thinking of 11am - 8pm for my light. Not sure if that's over-kill though, I have a 5G nano.

Toronto......woot, woot!!!! nice tank. You must be the boss, if I had a tank on my desk, my boss would dunk my head in it...

Happy to see a Toronto build on the forum. I just found out last week that I will be moving back to Toronto in early 2015 after ~two years in LA. I'll definitely be keeping track of where you are getting all of your livestock etc. from!

Happy to see a Toronto build on the forum. I just found out last week that I will be moving back to Toronto in early 2015 after ~two years in LA. I'll definitely be keeping track of where you are getting all of your livestock etc. from!

how'd you like living in LA compared to toronto?

I certainly picked the right winter to miss haha My girlfriend and family are still in Toronto so it will be nice to move back (although I certainly plan to make the most of my remaining 10-11 months of sunshine in LA). Originally I thought my wallet might be happy with the move as well because its dangerous being only a 25 minute drive from Vivid Aquariums but seems like everything is more expensive in Toronto due to relatively few stores.

toronto - sorry to hijack your thread!

. You must be the boss, if I had a tank on my desk, my boss would dunk my head in it...

lmao Yes I am : ) No dunking happening here

I want more pics!!! Please! :wub:

here are some

Upgraded my light to the Halo Pro.

16 x 3 watt par 30!

With build in fans. Color rendition is perfect. Not too blue not too white.

IMG_9097_zps26f77234.jpg

IMG_9109_zps01a37d24.jpg

IMG_8888_zps3419aa50.jpg

Added some corals this week

Acans, Torchs, Blastos, Frogspawn

IMG_9101_zpsb63624c7.jpg

Damn - I wanted the light you previously had. Now that you've upgraded I am second guessing - was it for a reason ?

Was your previous light not enough?

What's the Halo Pro?

Halo Pro is also from www.lightboxleds.com

not formally released yet but I got a prototype it comes out 2 weeks

Its par 30, white casing, 16x3 watt led with 2 built fans to keep it cool

Halo was more than enough

Wanted to use this one though to try it out and has a little more power and smaller footprint

New duncan frag

IMG_9104_zps4805a1aa.jpg

Ah that looks so nice man.

Do you think the original Halo would be sufficient for my 5G tank? Do you have an insider with them over there in Toronto? I'd like to get one for myself over here in Calgary!

Do you think the original Halo would be sufficient for my 5G tank?

Absolutely

Was enough to cover this 20 gallon well!

New yellow / purple frogspawn right now

IMG_9113_zps86a14b26.jpg

Archived