Cultivated Reef

Momentum's "bulletproof" 7ish gallon display

blackwagon

I got the go ahead that I can put a tank in the studio. <---link (check us out)

After getting a few quotes for what I wanted I made a post on the local forums just to see if I had other options. I ended up going with my LFS's builder. I've seen the work they have produced and couldn't be happier that they will be the ones building the tank. I don't know why I didn't ask them in the first place.

1625x125x125Tank_zps107e7d40.jpg

1625x125x125Overflow_zps325c0e9d.jpg

7 Days ago.
IMG_20140304_160848_zps369fcac4.jpg

I will be running the system on spare parts I have laying around but I have a pretty nice stockpile of spare parts:
20 gallon long as my sump.
Eshopps s-120 for the skimmer.
Rapid LED par38 bulb for lighting.
Reef keeper lite to control the light and ATO.
I'm running a mj600 for the return right now. I'm going to see how my buddies mj900 does in it whenever I can go pick it up from him.

As of now it is hooked upto my main tank untill the studio is finalized.
20140306_161948_zps6b055d38.jpg

It has been 7 days since I picked the tank up and I have went a little crazy with the fragging/stealing corals from my main tank for this one.

IMG_20140311_111857_zpsb2cdf56c.jpg
20140311_125535_zpsd2ebfc9d.jpg

A little video from my instagram:
[media][/media]

I have a few more zoa frags in my friend's tank that I need to collect and another sps from my tank will be going in it once it recovers from being mowed over by my mag.

Zoa/paly list so far:
clemintines
aog
purple hornets
tubbs blue
alien eyes
captain americas
mind blowns
utter chaos
magicians
and a couple no names

I'm still playing with some options in my head on the stand situation.

When this thing actually makes it into the studio I will post better quality pictures and videos. I just don't feel comfortable lugging the gear to my house to shoot fish tank videos.

New paly. I have a big frag pack shipping out Monday too.

It's so much easier to spend money on this tank than my bigger tank.
IMG_20140314_103113_zps7180n6v5.jpg

nice, how do you like the par 38? from the pics the rapid led par 38 is looking good. I'm thinking of replacing my current bulb (boostled par30) with one from rapid led. is yours the full spectrum?

I'm using a pretty old par38 from them. I think it has some cool white, regular white, regular blue, and royal blue for 7 LEDs total.

My buddy had 3 of them over his 57 gallon. It grew sps and zoas great in his tank.

I ended up with one when he upgraded his tank. I'm already getting some new polyps and it's only been a couple days with the frags under it. My little sps frag isn't browning out at all either and it came from under a 250w halide.

Archived