Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Time Lapse of my Flower Anemone on the move! [Updated with longer clip]

anthonym

I put a flower anemone into my 2g pico a few months ago. He moved into a more or less dark spot under a rock and didn't really open up much. He stayed in that spot until tonight! I suddenly noticed he was out on front of the rock, and I could see him slowly moving. I decided to download a timelapse app on my iphone and made a couple videos. Ignore the red bubble algae I'm dealing with still.. haha

Each video is roughly 20 minutes packed into a < 10 second clip. I actually have the app running now and am letting it run for a couple hours :)

I love the second video especially. They'll certainly move where they want. I just had my peach one move under one of my other larger ones, now it is covered. It wasn't facing the light before even. It's actually snuggled up to half of the tube part. I figure it'll all balance out. This one spot is so perfect but any nem I have put there moves- not their version of perfect. It just gives me a great pic opportunity but not a one will take me up on it!

I love the second video especially. They'll certainly move where they want. I just had my peach one move under one of my other larger ones, now it is covered. It wasn't facing the light before even. It's actually snuggled up to half of the tube part. I figure it'll all balance out. This one spot is so perfect but any nem I have put there moves- not their version of perfect. It just gives me a great pic opportunity but not a one will take me up on it!

Yeah, I know how that goes, haha. I had the perfect spot for it too, but it had other plans. Now that it's back out on the front of the rock though, I'll be happy if he chooses to stay anywhere in that vicinity.

Here's a pic of my peach one that is under the big white one and when the white one spreads open, completely covers the other.

012_zps82db5c62.jpg

Here's a pic of my peach one that is under the big white one and when the white one spreads open, completely covers the other.

012_zps82db5c62.jpg

Those are gorgeous!

Archived