inTank Media Baskets

Clayalaleona's 40 Breeder Frag Tank

Paandemonium

Started a new thread so people wouldnt have to dig through pagesssssssss to see how its going. Currently I haven't had time to do much except drain half the sand out and take most of the rock out of the display.

To Do:

1. Drain remaining sand

2. 80% water change

3. Start running GFO

4. Get two more frag racks

5. Anemone Box install

6. Set up Pico for Crixus + get him an equally tiny mate from Clownfish Depot or Rudy

7. Sell off all remaining SPS and pick up more zoas

8. Leave alone to grow for 5-6 months :)

Currently this is my pitiful excuse for a frag tank(which I refuse to let my locals see cause it looks like crap) purposely supah blurry

12072587285_2e01503cb0_z.jpg
I also haven't quite gotten the features of the camera down yet so everything looks pretty blueish
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some candids around the house and office lol

12073340994_15a714558a_z.jpg
12073309564_01c7a4f613_z.jpg
One of the remaining chromis(which will be sold by the end of this month)
12073135683_3d528354c7_z.jpg
Practice shots around the tank(new lens coming in soon)
12072854095_69637bb232_z.jpg
12073461426_d84a2b694c_z.jpg
12073161124_79c6780d24_z.jpg
12073364196_9c7f52ebc7_z.jpg
12072929903_3c0d4d2df9_z.jpg
12072608185_0a385038bb_z.jpg
12072772103_f50af249eb_z.jpg
12072833424_58c83dd6cd_z.jpg
12072845444_9d79f75002_z.jpg
12072344945_532c5b14a4_z.jpg
Seductionsssss
12073005106_6688b4f16f_z.jpg
Most of these are pending pick up so they're not for sale BUT LOOK HOW NICE THE PICTURES CAME OUT ON THE NEW CAMERA

Sweet stuff!

Just curious, why not do LED's over the bulb consuming T5's?

Plus, every time I look at your avatar you lookin at me with this bad azz attitude.

Sounds very C A L I E N T E!! :)

You'll very much enjoy what I have coming.... lets just say there will be a lot of bitches in this thread x)

Sweet stuff!

Just curious, why not do LED's over the bulb consuming T5's?

Plus, every time I look at your avatar you lookin at me with this bad azz attitude.

I'm actually running a Radion on the tank, you can sort of see it in the blurred out picture. How come you think I'm running T5? lol Don't get me wrong, theyre good lights and some people swear by them but they heat up my tank wayyyyyy too much(had T5s for a little bit before I got the Radion) and I like being able to change color temp at the drop of a hat.

Changed it to something less vicious :)

I had scrolled through page after page on your older thread & all I saw were T5's :) I did actually see the LED's on this page, but I did not think that was the same tank....damn you really did chop up that big monti then.

Great new pic, but now I am having your old pic withdrawal.....I miss the old pic!!!!!!

I started experimenting with a chinese LED on a 29g and with frags taken from my 75g. That is why I am on this forum, hunting for others who can share their LED experience on smaller tanks. I am so hooked, I think I will make a 3rd tank with just SPS's & document growth & color changes over time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZXUod2j3I

I had scrolled through page after page on your older thread & all I saw were T5's :) I did actually see the LED's on this page, but I did not think that was the same tank....damn you really did chop up that big monti then.

Great new pic, but now I am having your old pic withdrawal.....I miss the old pic!!!!!!

I started experimenting with a chinese LED on a 29g and with frags taken from my 75g. That is why I am on this forum, hunting for others who can share their LED experience on smaller tanks. I am so hooked, I think I will make a 3rd tank with just SPS's & document growth & color changes over time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZXUod2j3I

Yeah the big monti got chopped up BUT I still have a substantial piece that will stay with me :)

With LEDs you do see a lot of change in coral colors(at least in my experience) I personally wouldn't use anything else on a nano cause it's asking for heat issues

subbed, lets see what you have in store

<3 thanks cutie

How about some more pictures? I need to play around with the white balance because these have an awesome dark purple center

12079196535_eabcd8c170_z.jpg

12079828896_a0406c4ae5_z.jpg
12079485183_0a99a59377_z.jpg
12079530354_3b68f29f40_z.jpg
12079436743_cf2bbd1a4e_z.jpg
Need to start fattening up my fish again this poor guy has been fed every other day(or every two days) for a while because of work but now that I'll be home more he's gonna get pudgy :)
12079554344_3e78461e42_z.jpg
Mr. Microscope

Awesome frag tank! Great shots.

I'm very curious about this anemone box. Is it a segregated propagation area somehow? Would love to see some pics once you get it going.

Following!

Eagerly awaiting the moment you start slanging your fancy pretties from the magical glass water box! Was close to picking up some bloodshots today... who needs cable when you can stare at the tank.

P.S. pics are looking good.

Awesome frag tank! Great shots.

I'm very curious about this anemone box. Is it a segregated propagation area somehow? Would love to see some pics once you get it going.

Following!

Its literally a box with holes cut in so that I can have nems in there with great flow but they cant get out and they dont have rocks to stick to and cause a mess. Once I get it ordered and it gets here I'll post it up :) it will most likely be secured to the side of the tank unless I decide to get a lid for it

Eagerly awaiting the moment you start slanging your fancy pretties from the magical glass water box! Was close to picking up some bloodshots today... who needs cable when you can stare at the tank.

P.S. pics are looking good.

THeres a guy named Carlos down here in Miami liquidating his tank before he graduates everything at a very good price. I think he sells bloodshots for like $70 last time I checked.

Thanks! Once I get the white balance right and the macro lens comes in the mail we'll really get awesome pictures :)

Nice pics. What kind of lens are you using for your closeups? I'm curious on what that anemone box will look like. I currently have two mini rock anemones but I lost one somewhere in the tank after it moved. The box will really come in handy to keep them in a defined area and for feeding them.

[wanders in]

Its cold outside, stay for the party x)

Nice pics. What kind of lens are you using for your closeups? I'm curious on what that anemone box will look like. I currently have two mini rock anemones but I lost one somewhere in the tank after it moved. The box will really come in handy to keep them in a defined area and for feeding them.

Currently its just the basic 18-55 mm until my 50mm macro shows up besides that a 75-300 telephoto is also coming in.

They box is cool but def not a permanent place for any anemone it wouldnt look nice in a display. Its like people that put bubble tips in wine glasses for pictures, its just for show. However if you'd like one or something similar I'd give you the name of the ebay vendor thats making mine.

mayne hold up!! you got some sexy zoas!

when you start fragging some let me know. I've been out the loop for too long.

Oh and BTw,I have a softy tank with some pimpin shrooms I might want to swap with you baby doll.

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, send me the ebay member info. I mainly wanted to use the box to keep my anemones in the QT in one spot so I can keep an eye on them and feed them regularly.

Archived