Pod Your Reef

Goby with rock flower/maxi mini nems

~LadyBug~

I have a citron goby in my 7.5 gallon, and I'd like to get either a rock flower or maxi mini anemone, but I'm a little worried about her safety. She doesn't spend much time on the bottom, but I'd feel better hearing from others who have done it successfully.

I have a little yellow clown goby, She's still new to the tank but never goes near the 4 I have. Has no interest. It took her probably a week just to decide to cross to half the tank area.

Maxi's can and do eat fish. Some people get away with keeping fish with maxi's. My maxi's are fish eaters. I lost 3 clowns to my large green maxi. I personally wouldn't keep fish with maxi's in a tank that small...but that's just my opinion because I have personal experience with fish-eating maxi's.

I have lost several fish to the maxi's most recently a pajama cardinal. I did have one rock flower get a starry blenny but nothing ever besides that (that I recall). For the past few years the remaining rock flower I have has been the host to my tomato clown.

I have a citron goby in my 7.5 gallon, and I'd like to get either a rock flower or maxi mini anemone, but I'm a little worried about her safety. She doesn't spend much time on the bottom, but I'd feel better hearing from others who have done it successfully.

Rock flowers are safe IMO but the maxi's will eat fish if given the chance. I keep two flowers with 5 bottom/perching fish.. my tiny 2 cm goby landed on it once and it was no big deal.

I had 3 little yellow gobys in my tank. im down to 1 im sure it was my rock flower nem or my maxi mini. i never saw what killed them.

They may have killed each other.

Hmm....i planned on getting some maxi for my 5 gallon tank along with a firefish. Should I reconsider another small nano fish?

If you want fish I'd reconsider the maxi not the fish. It doesn't matter what forum you're hanging out on. People are having fish eaten by maxi's all the time.

If you want fish I'd reconsider the maxi not the fish. It doesn't matter what forum you're hanging out on. People are having fish eaten by maxi's all the time.

Including this woman who has lost...5? fish to a maxi! Stinking things! Rockflowers can look awesome also and not the worry.

Including this woman who has lost...5? fish to a maxi! Stinking things! Rockflowers can look awesome also and not the worry.

Today I was movi g a rock. The difference in stickiness between my rock flower and maxi is like night and day. Just the slightest touch of the maxi and you're stuck.

Archived