Pod Your Reef

Awillroth's fortress of solitude (post gha/cyano battle royale)

AWillroth

Latest fts

Equipment

Standard 20g Tall tank

Penguin 125 biowheel

cheap 170gph powerhead

cheap 75w heater

corallife 24" 4xT5ho w/ LED moonlights

Parameters

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 10-20

Sg 1.025

Temp 79

Livestock

Hi Fin Red Banded Goby

Ocellaris clown from sa

Cleanup crew

Gsp

Aussie reverse prism favia

Ricordea Yuma

Fragilis plate coral

Indo fungia

Duncan's

Hammer

Frogspawn

Orange bam bam zoas

Various other zoas and palys

Orange crush leptastrea

Purple plume gorgonian

Discosoma mushrooms

Ora spongodes montipora

Candy canes

Looking good! You make me want to buy a duncan :lol:

Had my first coral spread off of its frag plug. One of my palys. Exciting stuff.

I know how exciting this can be! Congrats! I hope more do this soon :happy:

I'll take another video with the lights on tomorrow. Everything is looking really good now. I was worried about moving but a week later everything in the tank looks even better than before. Added some birdsnest frags today. My only other sps is a little monti frag and I bleached it at first but it's coming back. The birdsnest seems polyped out already, after just a few hours in the tank.

Grabbed a small branching hammer frag. Anything I should know about it? Right now I have it about two thirds up the tank in medium flow.

Grabbed a small branching hammer frag. Anything I should know about it? Right now I have it about two thirds up the tank in medium flow.

Should be ok an looks like ur off to a good start

That sun coral I grabbed a few weeks ago is looking way better. Wish I had a way to take good pictures of it. Wouldn't open for about the first ten days and when it did it looked in bad shape, but I've gotten it eating every night and it's looking pretty good.

• 4 months later...

Loooong overdue update. Had a long and ugly battle with gha and cyano, local fish store closed down and I had to go 7 weeks without a water hcange before I could work out buying an ro filter and salt/mixing equipment. Now I'm on the other side of all of that, I think. I lost a couple of coral but everything I have left is looking great and exhibiting growth.

Archived