ReefCleaners.org

Lebanese 10G tank ....

Lebanese Reefer

Lebanese Reefer

Hello everyone ,

This is my first attempt ever on owning a tank & I went directly to the salt side.

Tank:

Resun DMS-400 10g

4-5 kg rock

1" sand bed

Bioballs

Ceramic

Equipments:

2 x dymax zon light nx5

Resun 100w (installed in the sump)

Resun waver 4000 L/H

Resun 550 L/H pump (installed in the sump)

Resun sk-300 Skimmer (installed in the sump)

Citizens:

1 bicolor angel face

1 false percula

1 sail fin tang which I bought before I know my tank is to small to have a tang :(

1 fire shrimp

4 astrea snail

2 nassarius snail (they dived in the sane as soon as I put them in)

2 hermit crabs

Am gonna start adding corals soon & mostly Zoan , Ricordia , Bubble , Hammer , Torch etc ...

------------------------------------------

Every week am doing the following :

-10 % water change.

-7 drops of microbacter7

-1 teaspoon of nite-out-2

-10ml of nitrateminus

I also did a Prazipro treatment twice.

I made some changes on the hood to be able to install the lighting.

I was going with a T5 but I wanted to try the dyamx since they are leds & their price is a steal.

It is said that they will provide a 14k which is good for corals I guess.

I stopped using the sponge in my sump coz I read that it’s the way to go.

Am also considering the same for the bioballs & the ceramic & rely entirely on rocks & sand for my filtration.

Am looking forward to know what you guys think of my setup & cant wait to learn from you .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

llama roadkill

Cool tank, but, sadly, the only suitable fish for that size tank is the Clown. Why replace them with a goby or Blenny and maybe a Dwarf Wrasse like a Tanaka or Pink-Streak?

And welcome to Nano-Reef! :D

llama roadkill

If I ever find a new place for my tang then I will gladly let her go.

Where did you get her? Do you have a local fish store or do you order online?

I'd do more frequent water changes with those inhabitants. System sounds pretty good except for the fish. Local fish stores can be hit or miss as far as advice is concerned, I learned that after buying expensive unnecessary gear for my first 10 gallon. Also the smaller the tank the more adamant you have to be about parameters I would wait to add corals until your confident with the stability of your tank.

Lebanese Reefer

Yeah , I get what you are saying.

My tank was established long before I buy it & am not rushing the corals.

Since I have a small tank then I need to chose carefully among the hardiest & more colorful corals out there.

What do you guys recommend ?

Yeah it stinks when you get taken by stores like that. That tang and angel need to go asap, that tank is multitudes too small for them.

I'd keep the sponge but definitely lose the bioballs. All they do is trap gunk that breaks down and ultimately defeats the purpose of using them. A sponge/floss is easier, you can just toss it every day or two and be good to go. Practically nobody uses the ceramic either, not unless it's large quantities to act as LR in the absence of enough in the display (minimalist setups).

Lebanese Reefer

Yeah it stinks when you get taken by stores like that. That tang and angel need to go asap, that tank is multitudes too small for them.

I'd keep the sponge but definitely lose the bioballs. All they do is trap gunk that breaks down and ultimately defeats the purpose of using them. A sponge/floss is easier, you can just toss it every day or two and be good to go. Practically nobody uses the ceramic either, not unless it's large quantities to act as LR in the absence of enough in the display (minimalist setups).

Well am feeding them once per day & I will do bigger water changes until I find a new home for them or ........ upgrade :D

I will lose the ceramic & bioballs & just throw small live rock in the second compartment of the sump.

This way i will have the heater in first chamber , LR in the second , skimmer in the third & pump if the fourth.

Any LPS recommendations ?

Lebanese Reefer

Yeah , its my future plan.

But now I need to make this one work & am gonna be looking to find the tang & probably the angel a new & better home.

Lebanese Reefer

I found a new home for my angel face.

There is still the tang but @ least two fishes remain rather than three.

My pump is giving me signs of breaking off so I need a new one.

Is 20x good enough for a 10+g ?

What do you mean by breaking off? You mean 20x per hour you are turning the tank over or what is 20x? I would start with some hammer coral in that tank if you wanna do LPS, or candy coral, that stuff is pretty durable. I like mine in my 29.

Archived