Top Shelf Aquatics

Flame angle Tank size..

ManGups

What is the right tank size requirement to keep a flame angle? I see multiple sites list different requirements? Some say 70 gallon, some 30 gallon.

I am keen on keeping this fish in a 20 gallon long tank which has a separate 3.6 gallon CPR refugim and a separate 10 gallon sump.

llama roadkill

Not sure...I'd say a tank at least 24"-36" long and at least 12"-15" wide...

Maybe a Cherub would work better, but I don't know.

Not sure...I'd say a tank at least 24"-36" long and at least 12"-15" wide... Maybe a Cherub would work better, but I don't know.

The 20 G long is 30" long, 12" wide and 12" inch deep..kind of fits there but what matters is is 30 gallons right? or 70 is right?

llama roadkill

IMO the total water volume doesn't matter as much as the dimensions do when it comes to swimming space rather than water volume. A 20 gallon long that is 30"x12"x12" is better than a 20 gallon that is better for swimming space than a 20 gallon that is 48"x4"x24".

20 long should be fine. As long as there aren't a lot of other fish to get in the way and there's decent rock work to browse.

Dwarf angels are like border collies. They need something to do, and that typically means a lot of rock work to browse and lateral swimming room. Otherwise they start getting bored, picking on corals and other fish, etc.

I'd say at least 24'' long and 12'' wide for a small one, though larger is preferable as this fish will get bigger. I think you will be ok with a flame angel in a 20L for the awhile at least.

Archived