Pod Your Reef

cube reef tank 60gal

reefer_ro

Hello ,

My name is Cosmin , and i`m from Romania .

I watched with great pleasure this forum for more than 2 years , and never i activated some account here , due my non-rich english language . Now , i hope that i can understand you you :-)

So , i want to present my new tank - started with 5 months ago .

equipments :

• display : 60x60x60cm / 10 mm thickness
  • sump : 50x50x50 / 8 mm thinckness
  • light : 1 x 150w-metal halide + 6 x 24 T5
  • skimmer : BM CONE 7
  • ATO sistem - Aquaniveau Aqua-Medic
  • biopellet reactor
  • pumps : 2 x wp25(wave) + 1 x Eheim 3000+(return)
  • dosing : Marine Coulor / 6 channels (Ca,Kh,Mg,traces,amino)
  • chiller : Boyu L-350
  • over-flow - Bean animal

livestock :

• 1 x zebrasoma flavescens
  • 1 x zebrasome scopas
  • 1 x paracanthurus hepatus
  • 1 x pair clown-fish
  • 5 x Lysmata wurdemanni
  • 10 x nassarius snails
  • 3 x turbo snails
  • soft/lps/sps corals (just a few items)

Due some problems with bloom of bacteria / big q-ty of biopellet - i delayed to start with purchasing of the corals , they appeared in last 2 months . For the moment i will follow just with SPS corals ( in my rockscape i done many drill holes to can put the new sps corals .

Some photos you can find below , i will continue to upodate this topic with each of my action in this tank .

tu9w.jpg

pfu.JPG

ihew.jpg
kbxf.jpg
1xwc.jpg
cu00.jpg
mf48.jpg
nw82.jpg
vp1x.jpg

All three of your tangs are not suited for that size tank. I would remove them and get some fish that are better suited to that size tank. Other than that your tank looks great.

Thank you for your first comment .

I known about tang fish versus my tank dimensions , i`m sure that i can`t avoid your proposal in the future :) ..

Your fish recomandations ?

In last period the values of water started to be ok ... and i can continue with SPS corals population .

Regarding water values :

PH : 7.9-8.3

KH : 7-8
NO3 < 2-3
PO4 <- 0
Ca : 430
Mg : 1300

Thank you in advance !

Looks good, as mentioned above the tangs need to go ASAP. You could get 1 smaller tang and keep it for a year or 2 if you really want tangs. Otherwise, wrasses are cool fish.Maybe the yellow coris wrasse?

• 3 months later...

After some changes , my tank in that moment is something like that :

I changed something in my livestock , and i`m waiting that my corals to grow ...maybe 2-3 years :)))

Love It! Amazing! Is that some kind of Itch on the clown or just markings! Keep up the good work!

Check out my new build!

If you're referring to the blackish spots on the clown from what I have read everywhere about them they are coral stings and fade over time although new ones appear here and there quite frequently on mine.

Love It! Amazing! Is that some kind of Itch on the clown or just markings! Keep up the good work!

Check out my new build!

Thanks a lot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Your tank is coming along nicely. I see you removed the blue and scopes tangs? I think that was a good move. The yellow looks smallish and should be OK for a awhile in a tank your size. I can't really come down on you for having one tang though as I have one in my tank with similar dimensions.

Your SPS are growing in nicely too! Great job!

Can you split the t5s or are they all on/off? I would go just half the t5s on for 2 hrs then turn all of them on for 8 hrs, then end with half on for 2 hrs. HQI comes on for 4-5 hr noontime burst

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived