Coral Vue Hydros

Gnome Glass

Kingsley (Ned)

Kingsley (Ned)

Hey guys,

I placed an order for a Gnome glass skimmer (http://www.gnomeglass.com/gcart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59) on August 14th. Outside of getting the automated confirmation email, I haven't seen any other emails and haven't received the skimmer.

I've tried a few different email addresses without luck. I even PM'd him on this site.

Everyone who's ordered from him seems to have great things to say both about the product and costumer service.

Has anyone heard from him? I still would really like to buy a skimmer from him and would rather not deal with PayPal for a refund.

I hope he's just behind on orders or something and that nothing bad happened.

Thanks,

Ted

I tried to email him several times over the last 2 months with a question about his skimmers and never got any response. I scoured forums looking for anyone who recently purchased from him or even had contact with him and nothing. Decided not to order the skimmer because I have no idea if he is still in business.

Last email i got from him a few months back was that he was taking a break and wouldnt be making anymore product for a while. However i do have a gnome skimmer that i was thinking of selling.

I ordered a mysis strainer on August 4th. Confirmation email was the only contact I ever received. On August 27th I emailed him requesting information, to no response. I emailed him against on September 4th. After no contact, I submitted a paypal dispute. After no response for 1 week, I escalated to a claim.

Hey guys,

I placed an order for a Gnome glass skimmer (http://www.gnomeglass.com/gcart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59) on August 14th. Outside of getting the automated confirmation email, I haven't seen any other emails and haven't received the skimmer.

I've tried a few different email addresses without luck. I even PM'd him on this site.

Everyone who's ordered from him seems to have great things to say both about the product and costumer service.

Has anyone heard from him? I still would really like to buy a skimmer from him and would rather not deal with PayPal for a refund.

I hope he's just behind on orders or something and that nothing bad happened.

Thanks,

Ted

You better set up a paypal dispute before it's too late to get your money back.

Agreed, everybody should submit a dispute if they have not received any contact. More disputes will raise a flag for paypal and make it easier for all of us to get our money back.

• 2 months later...

Well im worried now, I placed an order last week, without realising he has gone AWOL. How long do I give before making a claim through PayPal?

Okay*^^^^ thanks for sharing I'm gonna order one now! $&@?!

Italy is so far advanced than US with regard to the Internet.

They have...

Www.Google.IT

Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated. I have seen this one on a few sites but haven't really looked into it to much cause I believe the fellas at pico aquariums are not taking any orders right now until after x mass. I will look into it though, thanks.

I don't believe PicO doesn't make those skimmers anymore.

These are the only ones that show up on google search for me. I have a hob acrylic skimmer, but would like something similar to the gnome. I will wait it out I guess. Mike at micro reef might have something new shortly. So ill wait and see.

Archived