Coral Vue Hydros

Lyla's Evo4

LylaPico

Hello again nano-reefers!
I actually set up this tank by upgrading my fluval spec about six maybe eight months ago... I can't remember which. But anyway, I might skip over a few things because I forgot to do this while I was upgrading so if you have any questions, just ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Except the question unasked.
Tank and equipment:
Evolve 4 $35 @ grand opening of new petco! Yeah!
Marineland 50 watt heater
Solar Flare lighting. (I'll check the wattage when I get home but it's led 2 10000K, 2 2700K, and 1 blue)
stock pump. It's doing great.
4 lbs of live rock+ some rubble
1" of black live sand

Live stock:
1 stubby clown=Marlin
countless stomatellas

3 cerith snails
1 Randall's Pistol Shrimp=Agent Caine
1 blue leg hermit
too many to count bristle stars
1 nasarius snail
1 babylonia whelk

Coral!!!!!
zenia
gsp
three different types of zoas. I bought them as discounted fraggs so they don't really have a name
1 small section of blue tubman zoas

1 polyp zoa frag of purple with bright pink outer edges.
1 small purple acan with one head and three small heads growing at its base. (yay!)(frag fell off rock, Agent Caine took it and I've never seen it again.....
1 Green ricordia (is currently in the prosses of finishing to split in two. Last little threads separating)
1 Blue Ricordia
2 Orange Ricordia (1 has three mouths and is pinching in two spots.)

1 St. Thomas mushroom
An odd thing that came groing on my live rock when I got it. Noone has names it so I call is U.S.O.- Unidentified Swaying Object.

post-77271-0-30567100-1377829668_thumb.jpg
Here it is! I don't really have that great of a camera. I promise the colours are more vibrant. I only have a little fuji camera. Enjoy though! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those are nice little tanks, i used to have one. Hell of a price you got on it! i paid $65

looking forward to the pics

Yeah, They were opening up a new store so everything was like 50 or 60 % off. Even ferrets..... i wanted one....

Yeah, They were opening up a new store so everything was like 50 or 60 % off. Even ferrets..... i wanted one....

Petco has ferrets? Never seen one at the Petco near me... Nice steal on the tank!

Do you have the spec up at all anymore or was this a full changeover?

We used to have 2 ferrets. Were a lot of fun, but never again. They don't live a terribly long time, and they require a lot of constant cleanup. I think their entire digestive cycle last about 10 minutes. Can't not be in a good mood playing with them though. Little goof balls is the best way to describe them. We're still finding socks and other treasures more than a year after our last one passed.

In college there was a hurricane coming but it was only cat 1. They evacuated us anyways for storm surge, being a floridian, I knew it wasn't worth driving the three hours home so I took my rat and went to my roommates house. Her sister had a ferret and warned me to hide my socks. I didn't. Luckily they knew where all the sock piles were. lol

Marlin, my little stubby clown. About the size of a quarter.post-77271-0-95027300-1377743359_thumb.jpg

And an fts. It's changed a little bit since today. post-77271-0-84579300-1377743499_thumb.jpg

Marlin's picture is sideways. :/ note to self, don't use iPod to upload pictures.

Petco has ferrets? Never seen one at the Petco near me... Nice steal on the tank!
thanks and yeah! Or at least one of the ones here in Knoxville do.

Do you have the spec up at all anymore or was this a full changeover? We used to have 2 ferrets. Were a lot of fun, but never again. They don't live a terribly long time, and they require a lot of constant cleanup. I think their entire digestive cycle last about 10 minutes. Can't not be in a good mood playing with them though. Little goof balls is the best way to describe them. We're still finding socks and other treasures more than a year after our last one passed.
Yeah, after a friend told me about running one through the dishwasher, I suddenly didn't want one. Lol
Do you have the spec up at all anymore or was this a full changeover?
forgot to answer this: Complete change over. My spec now host a beta named Havier and his pet albino goby Del Monte.

Do you have an anemone in there?

nah. It would eventually take over the tank. He has nestled in with some of the ric occasionally though. I looked at getting a tiny rose anemone but there's no safe place to put it and keep it from touching any of my ric or zoas. Otherwise I'd love one. Oh, and they move. So even if I did get one, he might decide to hate where I put him. Lol.

I got a Randall's pistol shrimp the other day. He's already kind of reworked the front and covered up some zoas I had nestled on the sand. Lol. I took some pics with my camera, so I'll upload those later!!!! Hit another zoa frag in the prosses which fell of so I had to re-glue it.

New!!!!!!! :wub:

post-77271-0-57248000-1377830172_thumb.jpg

Randall's pistol shrimp!!!! Cute little guy was like $20. Had to have him. I had one in my spec but when I was moving it, a rock crushed him. :unsure: They're really good at moving sand and stuff around. So I had to have him!!!!

nah. It would eventually take over the tank. He has nestled in with some of the ric occasionally though. I looked at getting a tiny rose anemone but there's no safe place to put it and keep it from touching any of my ric or zoas. Otherwise I'd love one. Oh, and they move. So even if I did get one, he might decide to hate where I put him. Lol.

Wow... I must be going blind. I saw your pic and thought the ric was a BTA with shrunken up tentacles :lol:. Yeah, I was about to say, that's pretty impressive if you've managed to pull one off in such a small tank. Nice shrimp!

Nice. You just need a goby for him to pair with.

Thanks! I thought he was a nice find. Now I just have to name him. I was afraid to get a goby because I already have a stubby clown in there. The bio-load would possibly sky rocket. :/ Suggestions?

Wow... I must be going blind. I saw your pic and thought the ric was a BTA with shrunken up tentacles :lol:. Yeah, I was about to say, that's pretty impressive if you've managed to pull one off in such a small tank. Nice shrimp!

Like I said, awful camera. lol. I forgot to put in my stock list that I have a St. Thomas mushroom. Which would look like a BTA with shrunken up tentacles. :lol: That would be really hard to pull off. It'd basically have to be it, the clown and nothing else.

Never seen my turbo do that! I've had my astreas climb onto the return from my HOB filter and sit there for a couple of hours.

Oh and check out this thread, it's some guy with a bta in a 2.5!!! Obviously not suitable long term, but it looked stunning

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/282034-25-gallon-rbta-pico-reef/'>http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/282034-25-gallon-rbta-pico-reef/

wow!!!! That's really cool. Yeah, won't last long term, but it's really awesome!!! About my turbo: he does that every time I feed Marlin. :D

Woo hooo! You are back! Love the tank woman .. Love the ferrets my old smokey and Gus were the s#!+ made me laugh all the time. They don't live long tho sadly:( do you prefer the black sand? Did you get my pond video? Location of tank? I know dumb questions but I had to ask;)

Thanks! I thought he was a nice find. Now I just have to name him. I was afraid to get a goby because I already have a stubby clown in there. The bio-load would possibly sky rocket. :/ Suggestions?

I think yasha's will pair with them and they stay really small. But if you don't want to push the bioload, definitely just stick with what you currently have. No reason to add something just for the sake of it.

I think yasha's will pair with them and they stay really small. But if you don't want to push the bioload, definitely just stick with what you currently have. No reason to add something just for the sake of it.

yeah. Maybe in a year or so when I upgrade to an evo8 or a bio cube.

Randall's pistol has made himself at home. He made a cave out of the center hole in my rock and has only covered up one frag of zoas so far. Lights are off. Pics tomorrow. He does need a name though. Any suggestions?

Archived